PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 4

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks like maybe a restructure, because he wasn’t a free agent. As often happens with the Proven Performance Escalator, he got a raise but isn’t worth the higher price for his expected role.

Interesting - he was carrying a $3.9M cap hit or somewhere around there. Wonder what they worked out. He has some potential.

206 replies. 0 actual signings of ours to discuss :haha:
It’s pretty alarming
STH invoices due in 2 weeks
Could be ugly if they don’t do something

I had them for 30 years and just transferred mine to a friend because I’m going to SC for the winters

I would be pissed if I had to buy them this year

I really was hoping Wolf was going to spend heavy because Kraft wanted to beat the cheap rap.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Kraft fired Wolf after the draft to put all the blame on him. Seems to be pretty foolish for a personnel guy on a shortly expiring contract to try and play the long game like this.

Seeing a lot of mid level contacts getting signed you think they would start outbidding teams. It seems like they are instead set on getting good value. Hard to get good value when your team is bad.

For all this talk here of jsut throwing money around how do you know the team has not tried? There is a good chance players just do not want to come here. a 1st year coach after one of if not the greatest of all time. An uncertain QB situation, that is a lot to consider

You win by drafting well, well that’s second behind having the best QB in the league.

That being said you have a boatload of available money that you’ve used to resign your guys (good) but have done absolutely nothing to improve the team from last year (bad). If you want to try to find your #1 WR in the draft no problem but unless gou pick two WR and hit on both you still don’t have anything resembling an “explosive” offense. You also still don’t have a QB, and if they’re intending on sitting a guy behind Jacoby Brissett than next years going to be more of a chore to watch than this year was

Maybe the Pats have some big trades in the works? Although the longer this goes the worse their negotiating position...

Planning some big draft day trades?

It's not really a RULE, just a suggestion, unless conversation about one player signing overwhelmingly dominates a thread.
Was joking.

Maybe Wolf is dangling 34 to the Bengals for Tee Higgins bengals playing hard to get.
I'd offer them a 2nd and a 5th in 2025 (with both picks being anywhere from the top 3 to no less than the top 10), or no deal!

People now want other teams to hand us young, all pro wide receivers for third or fourth round picks. Can we be realistic? Aiyuk is at LEAST a first round pick and possibly more.

For an example: bleacher report has Arizona offering a first round pick and two third round picks for Aiyuk.
But he's not worth #3 overall or our 1st round pick next year (which could be anywhere from #1 to no less than #10 overall). In fact, we have an excellent chance even if we get a Franchise QB this year, of drafting #1 overall, and no worse than #2 overall in 2025. Which would actually be awesome, as we'll have even more cap money next year, a Franchise QB, whatever other solid draft pick or picks we hopefully get this year, a solid young FA addition or two next year, and picking really early in 2025. That would be the recipe for a solid rebuild. But that only happens if the personnel department knows what the hell they're doing, even if Mayo turns out to be horrible, we'd at least have the talent.

Last edited:

Now thats a bidding war i would want in. Aiyuk at $25m is a solid use of cap, our 1st in 2025 should trump jville’s 1st to sf since we’re expected to be pretty bad again ( i think wed suprise alot of folks if we get aiyuk and a tackle)

Eagles Sign Devin White they are stacked.

They were stacked last year also. We see how that ended.

Now thats a bidding war i would want in. Aiyuk at $25m is a solid use of cap, our 1st in 2025 should trump jville’s 1st to sf since we’re expected to be pretty bad again ( i think wed suprise alot of folks if we get aiyuk and a tackle)
It’s a lot of money for a rebuild year but the WR’s aren’t coming for the beaches. The Pats have a crap load of $ still that they may have to spend to get to the minimum. I think they should try to sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST