PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 4

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
The week continues. We'll run these daily through tomorrow, and then on Saturday we can start a new persistent thread without new ones every day. Any signings the Pats make can continue to be their own thread too.
Too many rules.

Guessing we will sign or trade for a WR today.
Maybe a safety will be added.
Does Cleveland’s offense use a fullback at all?
Would love to see Smith and or Beckton under contract with us.
We have the cap to get both.
Signed an OG, meh signing.. what about a tackle, or is ownenu to play RT??..

Would still take him over J Biscuit yeah I said it.
You read it here first. Zach is @PatsFan2's binky. Anyone who took this person seriously (unlikely) can now stop doing so.

I’m probably more patient than most but I did say I’d be upset if we got into training camp and this team was still waaay under the salary cap. Unless they start tossing out stupid money on FAs they’ll need to trade rest picks for stars to even get a sniff of approaching the cap

Not that I’m bitter or anything, but here’s an analysis from Mike Florio and I’ve highlighted his conclusion.

So, yes, it looks like the Falcons committed multiple violations of the tampering rules, as to Cousins and perhaps as to Mooney. How determined will the NFL be in getting to the bottom of it?

If it was involving the team that beat the Falcons in Super Bowl LI, we wouldn’t need more than one guess.

You read it here first. Zach is @PatsFan2's binky. Anyone who took this person seriously (unlikely) can now stop doing so.
Really wish BB did I was dead set on A.J. Brown and George Pickens only if BB took me seriously.
Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

Official 2024 Free Agency Day 209

The days are getting longer and longer. The nights are cold. I can’t eat. I can’t sleep. This journey is taking its toll, though I still remain hopeful fireworks will light up the northern sky.
This team appears to be shaping up as a great Belichick 2.0 story … I really thought all our guys actually sucked dirt. At least this regime sees the value of paying their own guys first and not spending too much on the other, other guys talent. Shaping up to be a stellar 5-12, 6-11 season.

16.5 total…are we even trying at this point…I know I know, they have to want to come here, but up to 16.5….we could have demolished that offer.

Oh well

Too many rules.
It's not really a RULE, just a suggestion, unless conversation about one player signing overwhelmingly dominates a thread.

Season ovah. Let's get the bulldozers in here and turn this place into a parking lot.

1710445297220.png

16.5 total…are we even trying at this point…I know I know, they have to want to come here, but up to 16.5….we could have demolished that offer.

Oh well
Nice replacement for Howard. Meanwhile in Foxboro….
1710445366246.gif

Replacing Howard. He's considered the "top" corner only because it's a weak list.

The only one on it I would want the Pats to get is Gilmore, just because I love his game, he's brilliant in how he approached the position and could help mentor Gonzo, Bolden, and Austin.

Still would love Gilmore back here, and think Curl would be a nice addition at Safety (love Simmons, but he's getting long in the tooth).

Replacing Howard. He's considered the "top" corner only because it's a weak list.

The only one on it I would want the Pats to get is Gilmore, just because I love his game, he's brilliant in how he approached the position and could help mentor Gonzo, Bolden, and Austin.

Still would love Gilmore back here, and think Curl would be a nice addition at Safety (love Simmons, but he's getting long in the tooth).
Just curious, not being a donkey here be, but what is you DBackfield lineup currently.

CB: Gonzo
SS: Peppers
FS: Dugger
CB: Jo. Jones
N: M. Jones or maybe M. Bryant return

Really need some S depth. I’m not positive, but I don’t think we have a backup S currently

Free agency is looking bare. I think signing Tyron Smith and hoping he can have a Jason Peters type long career is the best option at this point. Frankly, I think we might be done aside from signing back the likes of Myles Bryant and maybe a veteran middling WR.

Would still take him over J Biscuit yeah I said it.
Ha ha. HE is half decent with time to throw, can't read defenses and absolutely atrocious with any pressure. Not an NFL QB and unlikely to ever be one. Jacoby since 2020 has been solid and always had a positive TD to Int ratio.
But most importantly with a rookie QB in the room, having mature, well-respected Jacoby over immature, whiny Wilson is a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back