PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 4

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, sorry, I overreacted. I really should stop posting during work... one, because it's unprofessional, two, because when people piss me off here it carries over into my posts :D

Mea culpa, my friend.

PS: I'm totally not going to stop posting at work.
Absolutely posting during work is unprofessional…says a guy whom is currently at work
Working The Incredibles GIF

This guy seems to think Belichick's ability to coach defense won't be missed.
Mayo learned from the best the wheels keep turning hope really hope BB's kids turn out as good or great.

Mayo learned from the best the wheels keep turning hope his kids turn out as good or great.
Hopefully. For you to think this is automatic is quite the stretch. Was it automatic for Flores? Patricia?

“Playing for Miami will save him an estimated $2.7 million in state and local taxes this season alone,” writes Jared Walczak, vice president of state projects at the Tax Foundation. “Had he played for the Jets this year, he would have owed an estimated $3,191,968, of which $2,984,409 would go to New Jersey and $207,559 would go to other states. Playing for the Dolphins, he will not owe any income taxes to Florida (which doesn’t have an income tax), but his away games will yield an estimated $474,519 in liability elsewhere on the $30 million he’ll make this year.”
I wonder if there's a way to adjust the salary cap for state tax. The league wants parity but when some states have double-digit taxes and some have 0%, that's just not competitive.

Maybe you could adjust each team's salary cap by a percentage equal to their home state's income tax? So Florida teams would have no change, the Pats would get a 9% bump, etc. Might sound rough but it only makes sense right? Since NE has to pay that much more just to cover the taxes.

Or perhaps the NFL could just "adjust down" the cap hits of contracts signed by those teams by X% based on the state's income tax. Who knows. But I feel like something has to give if they're all about parity.

Hopefully. For you to think this is automatic is quite the stretch. Was it automatic for Flores? Patricia?
I Trust the Krafts you can never nail me into a corner I'll always come back. From Pete Carroll who was a Butler's pick away from repeating to the GOAT BB now Mayo. I would say the Krafts are playing with House $$$$$$ I feel they made another Great choice. :cool:

Seems like it's all gone quiet since Ridley signed elsewhere. Are there any rumours out there about WR or OT? Or indeed any other positions?
I am guessing they might be working on a trade. But hard to say.

I Trust the Krafts you can never nail me into a corner I'll always come back. From Pete Carroll who was a Butler's pick away from repeating to the GOAT BB now Mayo. I would say the Krafts are playing with House $$$$$$ I feel they made another Great choice. :cool:
Yes Carroll was so great! He is known for the worst play call in this history of the NFL! The Barry Switzer of the 21st century.

Would still take him over J Biscuit yeah I said it.
I wouldn't mind him coming here, but he needs to sit a year (at $5 million) and becomes a free agent unless you're ponying up his 5th year option before you even know if he's fixable.

He's a $5 million gamble unless the JEST eat some of it. He is NOT ready to lead a team right now.

Yes Carroll was so great! He is known for the worst play call in this history of the NFL! The Barry Switzer of the 21st century.
I would never bash Pete he hit his bumps tore up the College level had success in the Pros I will always respect him.

I wouldn't mind him coming here, but he needs to sit a year (at $5 million) and becomes a free agent unless you're ponying up his 5th year option before you even know if he's fixable.

He's a $5 million gamble unless the JEST eat some of it. He is NOT ready to lead a team right now.
Agree completely: It's said AVP works well with QB's but J Biscuit is not very good to begin with kinda counter productive.

Would still take him over J Biscuit yeah I said it.
Yep, Have to agree Cousin. Feel bad for all the ticket holders investing dollars in driving down to Foxborough and seeing Brissett run the Pats offense in 2024. Would have been more interesting with Minshew, Wilson, Flacco or gasp....sorry Ivan....Fields.

The goal of Brissett is to have one of the "Holy Three" sit....perfect.
So we got the core of out 4-13 players back in the fold. Admit some better than others. but still......
Rebuilding or not, I want to see competitive.
DW Toys

Yeah, didn't say that. But if you can't even give him credit for the things he was REALLY good at, then it's not so much IBBWT, it's you being biased to the point your opinion is worthless.
Don't bother, my man. Let them *****. They just want to be unhappy. If you listen to these asshats, the 6 rings never happened, Bill always sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back