PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL 2023 Patriots Draft Day Discussion: Round 2/3

Anyone else get angry at every pick our division rivals draft, for no other reason than hatred in your heart?

except for the Jete's of course, they're God's gift to us all to lighten the mood and let out some laughs
The cure for that is to remember how many championships the other 3 have won since the early 1970s. And then LYAO

Where was White projected to go?
I just grabbed a random mock & they had him at #59.

Glad to hear some people are happy,
Last thing we need is another Ron Brace in
Round #2
Was Ron Brace pissed that he didn't go earlier?

We got lucky with Gonzalez .. all other picks are gonna be super drab...

I am thinking bill is looking to trade 2 4th rounders into 2 3rd for 2024 and then will bundle 2 5th rounders to take a kicker and another 2 for a punter.
Yeah …that sounds like BB

My first time seeing this and I gotta say, I found it a little disturbing. I will be interested when they get him up here to hear what he has to say.

No worries Ken. I LOVE this pick!

The guy just doesn't give a **** about the rah rah stuff. He is strictly business.

And now he is PISSED he fell out of the first round. Nothing better than a player coming in here with a big chip on their shoulder.

best guard in the draft imo, super solid pick unfortunately. Massive dude. Mauled Jalen Carter and Will Anderson. Probably the best lineman in the draft, imo. Hate it when the Bills draft well.

The Bills stopped making stupid draft picks a few years back.

White and the lady to his left look absolutely repulsed in that clip hahahaha. Hopefully bc he slid and not bc NE was one of the only teams he didn't want to be drafted by.

Well the family lost about $5+mm in signing bonus by falling from (say) 17 to 46. No wonder they are pissed.

I am exceptionally unprepared to comment on the players in this draft as I haven't been paying attention as much as in the past.
People need to remember that these pros know so much more than us fans do about player situations.
Do we need to be reminded about Sergio Kindle?

On the surface Darnell Washington is a player who would feel like a nice pick, but there is a reason he is sliding.

Medical concerns?

If history stays true to form there will be a player or two who people were wanting to be drafted high, who end up undrafted.

Our Oline is going to be embarrassed when a rookie beats them badly in practice. Maybe White will force some on the Oline to play better.

Having an nfl OC and an actual OL coach and the OL playing 1 scheme instead of mixing in different schmes will help the OL. Patricia was out of his depth.

Guessing they'll combine two 4ths into one mid 3rd, and then later combine two 6ths into one mid 5th. Then they'll have one 1st, one 2nd, two 3rds, two 4ths, one 5th, two 6ths and one 7th (ten overall picks, six in first four rounds).

Stevenson is a good press corner. Solid pick. Better player than Gonzales (runs and hides whilst cackling laughing)

You can run but you can't hide :cool:

No one will ever forget that you panned the Gonzales pick.

Is someone else running the draft or is BB going BPA because he can take all the 5th rd safeties and a punter with his 4th round picks?
No idea how the rest of this will play out.

But if you're going by value alone, this year's draft makes a TON more sense than last year.

According to BCG's draft grades, Cole Strange should have been a 3rd round pick and Tyquan Thornton a 4th rounder. The Patriots picked them in the 1st and 2nd respectively causing many Pats fans watching the draft to howl in frustration.

Meanwhile this year, Christian Gonzalez was rated a high 1st rounder/impact starter, we got him with #17, so we got higher than expected value out of our pick

Keion White was rated as a 2nd rounder/potential starter and we got him in the 2nd round where he's expected to go. This feels about where he should go and as a bonus he's a plus athlete for his size/position.

Now I'd like the Patriots to switch their focus to offense and get some playmakers as much as anybody else. But that might not happen till round 3 or even round 4 of the draft.

Or maybe the theory is BB leaves Mac Jones hung out to dry and lets the young man try to play this year with no new weapons. That way Mac gets blamed for the offense's failures in 2023 to clear the way for a new QB in 2024.

Who knows at this point? There's still plenty of draft to go and the Patriots have a wealth of picks to make some moves if they really want to.

Oh man, we should have drafted the Strange TE in the 1st round if Belichick had any sense of ironic humor.

You can run but you can't hide :cool:

No one will ever forget that you panned the Gonzales pick.
Counting on it, baby. Imagine how hardcore I will come for all of you if he busts.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back