PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Draft - Day 3 Discussion Thread

Well, we finally got an Ole Miss receiver!

:confused:

Nixon supposedly runs in the 4.38-4.44 range. Add that to his 6.81 3 one and that's pretty good makings.. The question is whether or not he'll be able to beat out someone like Zuber or Kristiansen..

Tre Nixon​

Outside of Tay Gowan, who opted out, Tre Nixon had the least amount of playing time out of the group due to a broken collarbone he suffered in the season opener. While he missed half the season, Nixon fully healed and was able to prove it with an impressive 18 reps on the bench press. Nixon ran a 4.43 40 and a 6.81 3-cone, both are impressive numbers. These numbers coincide with the on-field play Nixon has demonstrated. He has sure hands and has been able to hit an extra gear to separate from coverage just enough to make a play. Nixon is a little lean at 6ft and 187lbs but could end up being a steal in the draft. His 8.89 composite score was second-best on the team.

Negatives:

Hands do not inspire confidence from quarterback.
How do you reconcile "He has sure hands" with "Hands do not inspire confidence"?

Looks like we have to wait another few years before the Patriots draft another
wide receiver. I expect they might sign a couple of lowly ranked UDFAs.

Yes and it's all good.
1. We don't need WR or CB. We have a strong secondary and also 5 good pass catchers on the roster.
2. The team is historically bad at WR and CB drafting. Good to not burn picks on positions where the evals are wrong.
This year has been a great draft and done with recognition and self awareness for our own strengths and weaknesses.

Just realised this is my 10 year anniversary draft. 2011 was my first when I won the predict the picks competition which fuelled my taste for this event. Failed miserably ever since.

All I can say is thank god we got the safety in round 6 instead of reaching in round 2 or 3 as usual.

The Patriots seemed to do a much better job of matching value to draft position this year.

I know not all draft picks will work out, but they addressed pretty much all their needs and did them at points in the draft that made sense.

We won't know for a few months who's going to pan out as good, great, niche contributor, or straight to the cut bin but...

That being said, I come out of this draft feeling much more satisfied that the Patriots had a cohesive plan of attack on the draft and feel like for the most part they got the players that they wanted at reasonable points in the draft for the value.

For the first time in what feels like YEARS, I can say, I have a good feeling about the Patriots draft class. How many of you are feeling that same sense of relief and dare I say it, satisfaction with our draft today? :excited:

Whatever the Patriots did to revamp their draft strategy this year... Please CONTINUE doing it this way!! :thumbsup:

How do you reconcile "He has sure hands" with "Hands do not inspire confidence"?
Hah. I've seen 'scouting reports' in which there will be diametrically opposed statements in the pros and cons. 'Gets off blocks readily.' 'Has trouble getting off blocks.'

Holy ****. Major news. Wow
Nobody has been a Patriot even close to Ernie's many years. Nobody. Think he started wuth Chuck Fairbanks in the 70's.

Nobody has been a Patriot even close to Ernie's many years. Nobody. Think he started wuth Chuck Fairbanks in the 70's.
Yep. He did.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back