PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2018 Draft Round 1 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm could we leap frog the ravens for Lamar?

Surprise that Derwin James hasn't been drafted. He might be better than Fitzpatrick

Wow....holy crap Davenport?!

Wow. Honestly if they wanted a pass rusher on the edge they could have waited till one of Davenport or Landry went off.

They could have waited on that at least.

The guy is an RPO QB, so yes you are sort of right on the "called" run plays...I bet 90% of the calls were RPO's so not exactly hey kid throw on this play...now run on this play. Its college spread RPO is king. Not to mention his weight. I'll overlook the 6'2 cause its possible to overcome that but thin QB's don't make it in this league. Especially ones that run.

They ran a pro style O with some run elements for an exceptionally gifted QB.

Perhaps you didn't watch him play or understand what you were watching. When scrambling he kept his head up looking downfield when the pocket broke down.

Stereotypes based on race are sometimes wrong.

If Lamar Jackson gets past Baltimore at 16 then he will fall into our laps barring someone like Jacksonville or Pittsburgh trading up.

Wonder if all the smoke was real. Either way will be an exciting pick

WOW, trading a future first rd pick to move up and not sel3ct a QB

But if they hit, you add a pass rusher to an improving defense. It’s not a qb but it is a premium position

Some team that hates us like Baltimore or Miami might steal Jackson

Wow. Honestly if they wanted a pass rusher on the edge they could have waited till one of Davenport or Landry went off.

They could have waited on that at least.

One of the differences between NE and most teams is that the Patriots reject the notion of a "window." They're not in "win now" mode or "re-building" mode. They're permanently in "make it deep into the playoffs every year" mode.

They ran a pro style O with some run elements for an exceptionally gifted QB.

Perhaps you didn't watch him play or understand what you were watching. When scrambling he kept his head up looking downfield when the pocket broke down.

Stereotypes based on race are sometimes wrong.

college is NOT the NFL.....

just stop...what QB at 23? There isn't one worthy,.,.

I could see Lauletta, but would prefer a stud on the d side. If he's there at 31 and BB likes him thinks he's an early second round guy why not take him there, especially you don't think he'll be there in the 40's.

Okay. Time to trade up for James. I know we are good at safety for this year but he is getting too juicy to let slide. All it would cost is pick 95 just about I think.

Edit. It would take more than 95 but not by much. Throw in a 4th next year.

Reactions: TBR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back