PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Observation: Chargers & Titans = Horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
After watching the Chargers/Titans game I can say I truly witnessed 2 teams that are fortunate to have even made it to the playoffs! How many times did the Titans get into the SD red zone and NOT get a TD. It looked as if their goal was to get FG's.

How could the supposedly high-powered SD offense struggle so badly against a team that BARELY beat the Colts second team? LT sucked once again. Rivers only performed well when the Titans secondary made huge mistakes. Has anyone ever told Vince young a QB needs to step INTO his throws?

Watching this match-up was like watching a consolation game! UGLY!

Re: Observation: Chargers & Titan = Horrible

IMO, the reason why this Charger team will never ring the bell isn't because they aren't talented. It's because of their coach/GM tandem and also because they're overly emotional. Rivers has the maturity of an 8-year old and Tomlinson is not far ahead.

Also their D is gets jacked up when things are going great, but lack the mettle to hang in there when it's not. Again, way too emotional.

After watching the Chargers/Titans game I can say I truly witnessed 2 teams that are fortunate to have even made it to the playoffs! How many times did the Titans get into the SD red zone and NOT get a TD. It looked as if their goal was to get FG's.

How could the supposedly high-powered SD offense struggle so badly against a team that BARELY beat the Colts second team? LT sucked once again. Rivers only performed well when the Titans secondary made huge mistakes. Has anyone ever told Vince young a QB needs to step INTO his throws?

Watching this match-up was like watching a consolation game! UGLY!

Ya, Simms and Nance are going overboard with their praise of SD. They played horrible and beat a flawed team with a QB that can't throw and recievers that wouldn't start on any other playoff team.

The Colts will be up 24-3 at halftime next Sunday and win 38-13.

Last edited:

IMO, the reason why this Charger team will never ring the bell isn't because they aren't talented. It's because of their coach/GM tandem and also because they're overly emotional. Rivers has the maturity of an 8-year old and Tomlinson is not far ahead.

Also their D is gets jacked up when things are going great, but lack the mettle to hang in there when it's not. Again, way too emotional.

Excellent points SP! I never thought about the emotional aspect of the Chargers and you're right. there's an old saying that says something like "If you want to do well in life, Always keep the I over the E"...(Intellect over Emotion). Too much emotion often results in mistakes. You almost never see the Colts or Pats with unrestrained emotion while they're playing.

I really agree...both teams did not look good at all...nothing NEAR the word good. If the Chargers are this bad..Indy will have an easy game with them...they are hardly really championship material if this game is any indication. Rovers is one who is hot and cold..mostly cold immature and bad. Young is injured and just not a solid QB. With so many injuries, I must say the Titans put up a good fight for awhile...but in time it all comes out in the wash.

The Colts will blow this crappy ass Charger team right out of the dome next weekend, they are brutal, down 6-0 at home at the half, should have been 13-0...........

I really agree...both teams did not look good at all...nothing NEAR the word good. If the Chargers are this bad..Indy will have an easy game with them...they are hardly really championship material if this game is any indication. Rovers is one who is hot and cold..mostly cold immature and bad. Young is injured and just not a solid QB. With so many injuries, I must say the Titans put up a good fight for awhile...but in time it all comes out in the wash.

A team that runs the ball and plays tough defense like the Titans was a bad team for the Chargers to deal with this week en route to a road game in the RCA Dome against a rested Colts offense and defense. Losing Gates is a problem, too, for a team that struggles to score against good defenses. Then you have the piped in crowd noise and all the other crap that comes with playing there-- like Manning having an easier time calling plays there at the line than on the road. This was a game where neither team deserved to win because neither are in the same class as the Jags, Colts, and Pats.

Nothing we saw this weekend suggests anything other than Colts-Patriots in two weeks. The rest is just warmup.

I have never seen a team that showboats more than the Chargers...it's really sickening and they aren't even good...and by that I mean NOT GOOD AT ALL.

You should go read their thread. Hailing Rivers as a great QB that will come to rival Elway...

You should go read their thread. Hailing Rivers as a great QB that will come to rival Elway...

Whistling past the graveyard

I have never seen a team that showboats more than the Chargers...it's really sickening and they aren't even good...and by that I mean NOT GOOD AT ALL.

I agree 100%....

NOT GOOD AT ALL!

I would but I've been banned from the Chargers site for eternity for "defending a cheater". Can you imagine that another team's fan forum would ban someone for defending their team & coach?...oh well, I'll have the last laugh:D

Last edited:
The preening and celebrating every single play by the Chargers is a bit tough to take. I assume this is just various versions of their "classy" dance. There was a guy tonight that did the look-at-me-bounce after a fair catch for crying out loud.

I think they are going to give the Colts a game. They have the ability to sustain drives and make plays on defense.

If they can play two halves like they played one today, they can beat the Colts.

sd4lyph said:
Like i always said..Rivers will become a great AFC west QB like Elway..

Thats from their site... lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes