PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Objective View: Who do you think will be the best player from this Draft?

PatsDparty

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Regardless of where they were drafted, who do you think may end up being the best player from this draft (whole draft, not just the Patriots)

My pick is Moreno picked by Denver. I think he'll be a star in Denver's offense (esp catching the ball out of the back), and reminds me a bit of Tomlinson (w/o the attitude). Seems like a good kid based on the interviews I saw of him too.

I will go with Crabtree as the best player on offense and B.J. Raji on defense as being a dominating NT in GB

Aaron Curry. He could be DROY. He's that talented.

Jeremy Maclin is in a good situation in Philly.

B.J. Raji completely changes the look of that Green Bay defense.

BJ Raji

and

Donald Brown

Raji will be a huge force to reckon with ala Haynesworth.

Donald Brown will start in Indy on opening day, and he'll proceed to shred through the NFL. I was pissed when Indy got Brown, not because Brown is better than Moreno, but because he is the perfect compliment for Manning and that offense. He has a terrific first step and will excel at selling play fakes and also taking the ball on delays and drawplays.

Darius Butler. I'm going with the Pats all the way. :)

Seriously, I think that Aaron Curry, BJ Raji and Michael Crabtree will all be impact players. I still believe that Connor Barwin and Louis Delmas could be all pros, though I like Barwin less as a DE for Houston than as a 3-4 OLB. And I think that in 2 years Butler may pass Ty Law as our best CB since Michael Haynes.

If the 4th pick in the draft wasn't good enough to be a potential DROY I'd be worried.

My pick: Crabtree.

Justin Smith

I'll take Curry too. Detroit should have thought alot harder and taken him with the first round pick. Wonder how many games will get blacked out up here again this season. Damn living near Detroit sucks LOL

I think Andre Smith will be the best of the OL.
All 3 QBs are gonna suck.
Hakeem Nicks and Brian Robiskie will both have very good careers.
Curry...what everyone else said.

As for the Patriots players, Butler has the most star potential. I think Chung, Brace, Vollmer and Tate are all future starters.

Jackson will be a bust, Maybin as well.

DROY: Vontae Davis

I'm going to go with Brian Orakpo. He'll be at his natural position at DE, and being next to Haynesworth certainly doesn't hurt.

On offense I'll go with Beanie Wells. Rookie RBs always put up the best numbers of any position. Knowshon and Donald will both be splitting carries.

Darrius Heyward Bay. lolololol

Donald Brown after Addai goes out with his annual injury. I'll have to admit he is tailor made for that offense in Indy.

My pick has to be Percy Harvin in Minny! He will be returning kicks, running reverses on play action to the best runner in the league...and that part of the country isnt known for its weed.....ask Randy.

I picked most of the first round as busts, starting with Jason Smith and Sanchez. Smith let a lot of mediocre guys blow by him. I think even Monroe was better. Other busts: DHB, Sanchez, Orakpo, and Maybin needs at least a year or two, but he may bust simply because of expectations.

Aaron Curry, Eugene Monroe, and Malcolm Jenkins

Now that the seasons over it's time to reflect.

No one saw Cushing doing this well.

Now that the seasons over it's time to reflect.

No one saw Cushing doing this well.

BS! Go back and look at my history, I was firmly on the bandawagon of supporting all the players from my state! I also backed Rey Maualuga and Clay Mathews Jr. I also said Percy Harvin would be explosive but everybody said "no Florida Receivers."

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back