PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NYT: Reinventing the Patriot Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice, thanks for posting. I like these quotes;

BOB KRAFT; "What’s fun is I walk through the locker room and you see them talking football. It’s all football. I think of last year, and I never really had the feeling in the locker room that it was all business, all the time.”

But those who know Coach Bill Belichick best say he is enjoying this season more than others because, with so many young players, he is doing more teaching.

Thanks.

But last Sunday night, the news media packed into a tiny room at Gillette Stadium to listen to Moss and Brett Favre, leaving the Patriots largely unbothered in their locker room. The drama had moved down the hall, leaving only the winning behind.
Well written, and nicely encapsulates our 2010 team, IMHO.

Last edited:
GREAT read! Thanks for posting the link to that.

Bumping -- that's an outstanding summing up of this unique team.

I saw that this morning. Great piece. A lot of good to take away from it.

Imagine if we had journalists in this region who wrote that about the Patriots?

Thanks for the link. Great read indeed.

PS: hope this thread doesn't get 'mossed' when people observe RK's comments/actions on the player-who-is-no-longer-with-us. :)

Imagine if we had journalists in this region who wrote that about the Patriots?

A great piece. It seems the "patriot way" is back in business. And why is it that not one writer from NE could write an article like that?

Nice read.
This Forum needs more 5 star thread topics like this one.

A great piece. It seems the "patriot way" is back in business. And why is it that not one writer from NE could write an article like that?

Sometimes it takes an out-of-town paper to take the long view like that. Local beat guys who have to deliver something new every day end up with a lot of "zoom in" pieces like Rob Gronkowski's mother's driving schedule. (And the NYT sports section is just plain different, because it plays to a national audience rather than rabid hometown fans.)

Because s/he would be scared to death of being labeled a homer by peers. Better to be a child molester driving around with bodies in one's trunk.

Great read. I originally thought I would never see a positive Patriots article coming from a New York paper. But then I realized it wasn't the Post:D

That was a nice read, thanks for posting!

Excellent article. Alot of posters on this site would be wise to remember this Rodney Harrison quote next time a big name is available in Free Agency:

You build to be good for the long term. Instead of trying to get one of the hottest names, there’s a certain chemistry you need.

Nice read.
This Forum needs more 5 star thread topics like this one.

Nah, I'd rather know what idiotic thing Felger said or what controversial thing Borges said than have an excellent piece like this one posted for my reading approval.

Nice job that highlights in what ways we're trying to move back to the dynasty teams and also highlights the possible pitfalls of doing so.

AWESOME article. Very well written, too!

Sometimes it takes an out-of-town paper to take the long view like that. Local beat guys who have to deliver something new every day end up with a lot of "zoom in" pieces like Rob Gronkowski's mother's driving schedule. (And the NYT sports section is just plain different, because it plays to a national audience rather than rabid hometown fans.)

I know it's a fluff piece and all, but let's not mess with Mama GRONK. :D

I know it's a fluff piece and all, but let's not mess with Mama GRONK. :D

As a Mama with a serious ferrying schedule myself, I give her a standing ovation!

"But those who know Coach Bill Belichick best say he is enjoying this season more than others because, with so many young players, he is doing more teaching."

Maybe it's because they're winning, but this seems pretty clear--given his persona--in the post game press conference and in the 'eei Big Show appearance. BB seems more relaxed and happy about his team, perhaps because most, if not all, of the pitas and divas are gone.

also from Mike Tanier's (Football Outsiders) previews in NYT

The 2001-3 Patriots are back. You may remember that pre-hype, pre-“19 and whoops” team, the one that beat you and made you wonder how, getting small contributions from 40 different players. New England travels lighter now, like a classic rock band that ditched the horn section and returned to the nightclub scene to rediscover its soul. Cleveland still wasn’t certain who its starting quarterback was by mid-week, so while the Patriots can’t look past this game, we can. The Patriots face the Steelers and the Colts after the Browns. We’ll hear how good their stripped-down lineup really sounds in those games. Pick: Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes