PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now every thread is a game day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasmir

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The toxicity here is now unbearable for me at least: half true fan doom and gloom, half false fan schadenfreude. I don't see that stopping unless and until the team starts winning playoff games again. For now, Brady's departure is a license to kill for the home grown trolls who will gleefully stomp out any attempt at optimism.

At least for now, this is not so much a Patriots fan board as it is a cesspool of false fan ill will towards the team and its management. I can only imagine how poisonous it will be here if the team actually struggles this season.

I don't know if I can bear it. Too bad, because this has been the best source of news, discussion, and speculation about the Patriots.

Really sad it's gone over to the dark side.

Fans who aren’t deranged Brady haters (like you) might need more than a day or two to get over this...but please, start threads specifically to b1tch and moan, by all means. That’ll help a lot.

O.P. makes a thread complaining because people are venting about the very recent loss of the greatest QB in the history of football, apparently completely unaware of the irony inherent in such a posting.

c843ca5082f66324508f63c7ef045b26.gif

Poster makes a thread complaining because people are venting about the very recent loss of the greatest QB in the history of football, apparently completely unaware of the irony inherent in such a posting.

c843ca5082f66324508f63c7ef045b26.gif

He’s a Manning > Brady truther whose had his rear end stretched to its breaking point for the last few days.

Crazy how people on here think Brady was so important to the Franchise. How could they think such a thing? Replacing him will be super easy, barely an inconvenience. Kind of like how I play Madden football where I make anybody a Hall of Famer.

Next man up!

22te8q.gif

But seriously, a certain amount of (hopefully) cathartic bellyaching is to be expected under the extraordinary circumstances. Most folks haven't even fully made it to the 2nd stage of grief yet.
The rest of us are just azzholes by nature.

22te8q.gif

But seriously, a certain amount of (hopefully) cathartic bellyaching is to be expected under the extraordinary circumstances. Most folks haven't even fully made it to the 2nd stage of grief yet.
The rest of us are just azzholes by nature.
If we sign Andy Dalton. How many stages of grief are we allowed? :D

We should all just open a kool aid stand and sing kumbaya?

Give it a couple of weeks, the wound hasn’t even festered yet you insensitive sob :p

Brady haters should wear some sort of scarlet letter. Everyone should know of their stupidity.

I mean it's not difficult to understand why Patriots fans are on an emotional rollercoaster right now. The literal GOAT has left the building during a global pandemic, pretty natural for everyone to be a little fearful and stressed overall. Some people are overly doom-and-gloom, yes; some people are trolling those people at times, yes; but we've gotta give it, like.. idk, more than one day at least before complaining.... right?

In a couple weeks I think things will be at least a little more level.

Posting this thread is primo GDT behavior.

Crazy how people on here think Brady was so important to the Franchise. How could they think such a thing? Replacing him will be super easy, barely an inconvenience. Kind of like how I play Madden football where I make anybody a Hall of Famer.

Next man up!
For me, the loss of Brady would be more palatable if the team was better tooled on offense however, if that was the case, we probably wouldn't have lost Brady so all we'd be doing is kicking the problem down the curb. Let's not forget, we've seen comparably skilled teams like Tampa end up without any silverware so it's not a sure thing.

My one gripe is I had hoped, unlike Montana, Manning, Jordan etc., Brady retired a one-team player. As much as I love what he did for Boston sports and the NFL enjoyment he personally delivered, he's now just another ex-Patriots player to me and I hope the Pats crush him.

Brady gave this franchise and the New England region 20 years of his life. He busted his ***. Sacrificed. Nobody prepared to play and worked harder than Tom Brady. Brady was also nothing but a class act on and off the field. He represented this franchise and this fanbase as an example of the gold standard. I cant tell you how many fans of other teams that have told me how much they like Tom Brady. Brady got paid millions, sure, but he never held up the franchise like Peyton Manning did to Indy for every dollar that he could put in his pocket.

We fans got 6 Super Bowl championships out of the deal. A Dynasty.

Now, Brady wants his last 2 years in the NFL to be for him. He wants the NFL passing record because Brady has talked about competing with Brees. Brady likely has his sights on other NFL records as well. Always another ring.

Brady deserves it and I hope that he achieves every personal goal that he has set for himself and I will be glad for Brady. Not jealous or bitter because Brady is no longer playing for the team that I like. I have moved on to Stidham or Dalton or whatever plan BB has up his sleeve.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing