PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not in the Patriots best interests... But...

Draft Olu Fashanu, sign Tee Higgins, re-sign Onwenu/Henry/Bourne/Zeke = The Zappening in 2024
Slow the roll on Zappe, LOL.

Let's look around the league at players like Dobbs and Howell being benched. Howell looked better against New England than any QB has looked for the Patriots in the last 4 years. Dobbs was channeling Hurts there for a few games.

This is the NFL where Nick Foles goes from zero to hero to zero in a flash.

If they aren't going QB and you want to you might have to trade just to prevent someone else.
Sure, but the difference between trading from #3 and #9 is quite significant.

#1 = #3 + #21
#1 = #9 + #15 + #32 or
#1 = #9 + #20 + #21

That's an extra 1st rounder worth of value. That's huge.

I'm not focused or enamored on a particular player (QB) but on the value lost by winning out.

Obviously, if they win out I'll be happy as well. I just don't see the point, from an objective point of view.

I like winning.

Damn the draft position. Play Hard. Finish the season on a high note.

Bills? ain't gonna lie - beating them will be tough. Don't care. Want to smash them thru a table.

Jete? Wanna sent them into the off-season on a sour note...

Gerard Butler Love GIF
Amen! I am just not wired to accept Patriots losses, ESPECIALLY against Gangrene.

I’m fine if the team take the OT from Penn State or Notes Dame, it’s a massive need and those guys at the very least project to be elite.

The scary thing about Maye is he ended the year playing like crap and he’s failed against even some mediocre competition.

Sure, but the difference between trading from #3 and #9 is quite significant.

#1 = #3 + #21
#1 = #9 + #15 + #32 or
#1 = #9 + #20 + #21

That's an extra 1st rounder worth of value. That's huge.

I'm not focused or enamored on a particular player (QB) but on the value lost by winning out.

Obviously, if they win out I'll be happy as well. I just don't see the point, from an objective point of view.
Oh I'm aware of the value in a few slots especially that high up in the draft. And fully recognize come April I might regret it but I can't ignore just the want to win but also the thought that it does have value still to win.

As an example in 1993 we were 1-11 and won our last few games. We lost out on the number one overall that year. We still got Willie Mac. And then we were in the playoffs the following season. Obviously Willie had an impact so clearly the high pick has value (captain obvious over here) but I also feel winning some games down the stretch carried over and had value too.

You just don't know who's going to do something in the next couple of games that they might be able to carry into next year. It could be as simple as being the guy who doesn't quit and so players look up to him moving forward.

Last edited:
Oh I'm aware of the value in a few slots especially that high up in the draft. And fully recognize come April I might regret it but I can't ignore just the want to win but also the thought that it does have value still to win.

As an example in 1993 we were 1-11 and won our last few games. We lost out on the number one overall that year. We still got Willie Mac. And then we were in the playoffs the following season. Obviously Willie had an impact so clearly the high pick has value (captain obvious over here) but I also feel winning some games down the stretch carried over and had value too.

You just don't know who's going to do something in the next couple of games that they might be able to carry into next year. It could be as simple as being the guy who doesn't quit and so players look up to him moving forward.
I respect your feelings on this. I'm just looking at it from a cold business sense pov, not as a fan.

I agree that winning out would reverse a disturbing trend since 2019: having a losing record in Dec-Jan. That's not supposed to happen under a Belichick coached team, yet it's been 4 straight seasons of losing at the end of the season. We're currently 2-2, so even splitting the last 2 would be better than anything in recent history.

We could still trade up though....
We can't afford to lose valuable picks being so close to the Top. We have some Needs on Offense. We need picks 1-2 and 3.

Garbage mock Maye will test well that's without questions the Giants and Commanders both need a QB I hope we don't jump the Giants in the end. The Commanders are deliberately tanking.
It's not only one mock that has Maye out of the top 3. There are many of them.

It's not only one mock that has Maye out of the top 3. There are many of them.
And those mocks are making a mockery of the NFL Draft. Talk about irony.

And those mocks are making a mockery of the NFL Draft. Talk about irony.
It's possible he's not as highly rated as people are making him out to be. Do not be surprised if he drops

It's possible he's not as highly rated as people are making him out to be. Do not be surprised if he drops
6'4 rocket arm started all three years what's not to like?? I think he's going to test very well. His route is not like Mitch Trubisky.

I respect your feelings on this. I'm just looking at it from a cold business sense pov, not as a fan.

I agree that winning out would reverse a disturbing trend since 2019: having a losing record in Dec-Jan. That's not supposed to happen under a Belichick coached team, yet it's been 4 straight seasons of losing at the end of the season. We're currently 2-2, so even splitting the last 2 would be better than anything in recent history.
Being 100% logical you are absolutely correct, hence the title of the thread.

Still want to kick the **** out of buffalo and the jete.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back