PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No QB aged 41 or older has ever won a playoff game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, brady through for 505 yards in last years super bowl at 40.
That makes the loss even harder to accept, at least for me. The narrative should have been a hell of a lot different. Reading the 505 yardage number still feels like a swift kick to the balls. He should’ve had his 5th SB MVP. Damn it.

I'm glad the Patriots kept TB12 at all costs. Even if they had a really promising young star in JG, I'll take Brady's entire run in a Patriots uniform over that potential. It's unlikely anyone will ever get to see such a historic, unparalleled player again in their lifetime. If he can ride out his entire career with the Patriots, I don't even know if there's anyone in sports history who accomplished so much for a single franchise. The Super Bowl era has been going on for 52 years; Brady has been the league's most famous and prestigious player for almost 40% of the entire era. He's played in 15% of the Super Bowls. He has a chance to retire with more playoff victories than any other franchise combined. When it comes to winning, I don't think there's a player in US history (4 major sports) who comes close to Brady. Past dynasties like Russell's Celtics competed against like 7 other teams. This is absurd to be this dominant for this long in this era where every other team is bound to parity like a gravitational law. And no, Brady is not in decline. He is every bit as good as he's been in the past from a physical perspective, if you are able to see past regular injuries and other issues in the offense effecting his trust level. What he's doing at his age is virtually impossible, much like his entire career.

He can't scramble, he can't run and he can't dance
Tom F Brady, all he does is win

That makes the loss even harder to accept, at least for me. The narrative should have been a hell of a lot different. Reading the 505 yardage number still feels like a swift kick to the balls. He should’ve had his 5th SB MVP. Damn it.

Absolutely man. That loss is somehow worse than the giants

Absolutely man. That loss is somehow worse than the giants

Weirdly it never hit me that hard. Maybe because the Patriots defense looked so outclassed the whole game that I just kind of shrugged at the outcome. Brady did just about everything possible in that game, but with that trash D it didn't matter.

tom brady has never played a playoff game at 41 or older, so i'm not worried

There are an awful lot of things that no QB ever did until Tom Brady did it.

He’s not a man you get rich off of by betting against. Historical precendent has no value when discussing a man so superior to his predecessors.

Weirdly it never hit me that hard. Maybe because the Patriots defense looked so outclassed the whole game that I just kind of shrugged at the outcome. Brady did just about everything possible in that game, but with that trash D it didn't matter.

I hear you man. My trouble is this. I saw an old ass man completely outclass his opponent and still lose. I do not forgive the defense and have a hard time squaring the numbers because brady was excellent

I remember watching Blanda .... wow ... it was fun watching the old coot.
Blanda looked like he was 50-55 back then.

DJKsCj4VYAArVfR.jpg
He smoked, didn't he?

Don't smoke kids.

First time for everything??:confused:

Don't smoke kids.

Good advice. They're really hard to light and most of them won't stay still long enough for you to wrap them in zig zags.

Good advice. They're really hard to light and most of them won't stay still long enough for you to wrap them in zig zags.
Dark response:
That’s why I keep my cattle prod handy and my ether mixed properly.

Light response:
You’ve got to put the kids in a grinder first, my dude. You can pick one up at the local bodega.

Much like the latest Black Mirror—you choose your own adventure.

Dark response:
That’s why I keep my cattle prod handy and my ether mixed properly.

Light response:
You’ve got to put the kids in a grinder first, my dude. You can pick one up at the local bodega.

Much like the latest Black Mirror—you choose your own adventure.

I choose the one where I end up naked, sticky and disoriented.

He smoked, didn't he?

Don't smoke kids.

He had a great run at age 43, but only one outstanding playoff which ended in a loss. Lamonica was injured and could't finish that game and Blanda passed for 270 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes