PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Player Is Bigger Than The Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
On top of everything else, the man is humble -- unlike his sixth round draft pick.

The 2 greatest SB wins in Patriots history, vs. Seattle and vs. Atlanta, were both won because of superhuman performances by Brady, not by Belichik.
BB would be the first to admit thus.
You're also making shiit up.
Brady has always been humble.
Incredibly humble.
He might be the most humble great player I've ever seen.
You don't deserve to be a Patriots fan.

Because he did not build a defense and hire a kicker to carry this team while TB12 developed? LOL. I am very excited to see what comes next for this team. I STRONGLY prefer the Patriots prior to the GOAT era...and I have been watching them since before many of you were born.

You're full of shiit.

Because he did not build a defense and hire a kicker to carry this team while TB12 developed? LOL. I am very excited to see what comes next for this team. I STRONGLY prefer the Patriots prior to the GOAT era...and I have been watching them since before many of you were born.

And I'm an original Boston Patriots fan.
And you prefer the pre- 2001 Patriots?
You're full of shiit.
Stop posting . You're embarrassing the crap out of yourself.
The pre- TB/BB Pats had some very good teams. The 1976 Patriots were the best. They were the best team in the NFL all year.
They should have won the SB. We all know what happened.
But comparing the pre2001 Pats to the greatest dynasty in NFL history is absurd......just like you.

Congrats. That’s truly the dumbest thing I’ve read...ever. I’m in awe.

I firmly believe this saying,one that was said by Spurs NBA Coach Gregg Popovich many years ago and one that Belichick himself has followed all these years.

I am a fan of the TEAM - Its never been ONE player and it never will be.

I love Brady now and even when he goes to his new team and thank him for 20 glorious seasons,I thank him for his job in playing a big role in winning 6 Super Bowl Titles and the AFC East almost every season but as the saying goes Brady would not have done all this without his teammates and no one player is a dynasty by himself.

The Patriots are likely going to take a step backwards sans the leadership in Brady gone but you can't go forward if you are stuck in neutral and have to try and pick up the pieces and move on.

If it takes awhile to get back to eliteness so be it,The team will be competitive as long as Belichick remains head coach

I think Jacoby Brissett returns now with Rivers in Indy so at least we have a player with familiarity should this happen - We will see

There is a corollary to your title:
" No Coach is bigger than the Team".
That's a fact.
Coaching is more important in the NFL than other team sport. That's a given.
The game has evolved into a very complex thing with many moving parts.
Great coaching wins games. Bad coaching loses them.
BB is the greatest football coach in history, on any level. That's my opinion, shared by many.
But QB is by far the single position in all of team sports that has the biggest impact on winning or losing.
That's much truer today and over the past 20 years than before that. That's a given.
Brady is the greatest QB of all time.
That's a given.
I love BB. He agrees with me. He said:
" Players win games. Coaches lose them".
He's right.
Brady won the 2 greatest comebacks in SB history, vs. Seattle and Atlanta, not BB. BB played a major role, but not as big as Brady.
I think BB has a bigger impact on winning than any player EXCEPT an elite QB. BB > JJ Watt, Gilmore,Donald,RLewis,Revis,Gronk,Moss,etc.
But not just Brady, in their primes,at their best, Peyton,Brees,Rodgers,Mahomes,Marino,Montana etc. all would have a bigger impact on winning than BB, if he was their coach. That's a fact
An elite QB is in a totally different class of any other NFL player, no matter how great.
Aaron Donald and SGilmore will never impact a game as much as Mahomes.
Brady had more to do with the Pats dynasty than BB. And Bill would be the first to tell you that.

The 2 greatest SB wins in Patriots history, vs. Seattle and vs. Atlanta, were both won because of superhuman performances by Brady, not by Belichik.
Incredibly humble.

There's a certain humility that comes from throwing a video game console through a television. There's a certain humility that comes from abandoning a woman after impregnating her. There's a certain humility that comes from blaming teammates for your own failures. Tom has all of those.

Incredibly humble.

actually, seattle doesn't happen if BB doesn't coach up Butler

actually, seattle doesn't happen if BB doesn't coach up Butler
True. Or if Hightower doesn't make that incredible stop of lynch on the previous play.
But both of those plays are irrelevant if Brady doesn't destroy one of the greatest defenses of all time, down 10 points in the 4th quarter. One of the greatest clutch performances by any athlete on any stage I've ever seen. That was Brady.

Tastes great!
Less filling!

This argument is already tediously, but please, carry on

There's a certain humility that comes from throwing a video game console through a television. There's a certain humility that comes from abandoning a woman after impregnating her. There's a certain humility that comes from blaming teammates for your own failures. Tom has all of those.

Ok you're just being a troll now.
It's common knowledge Brady found out about the pregnancy a month AFTER they broke up. Bridget has confirmed this. And of course, Brady did the right thing. There's a reason Bridget gave Tom primary custody.
Your jealousy of him is kinda sick dude.
It's pretty obvious. Get some help.

Sacks are mostly a QB stat. Jameis sucks. Reckless with the ball (40+ turnovers last year), poor pocket awareness, etc. Brady excels at pocket awareness. Plus, they'll draft some OL as well. That offense is going to be lethal. Evans, Godwin, Howard, Brate and start remembering the name Scotty Miller.

As long as their defense can be average, Bucs have to be up there in terms of favorites. Would be crazy to see a team led by Tom Brady host the first ever Super Bowl with it being in Tampa this year.
If Brady wins a Super Bowl this year they will rename the Lombardi trophy after him.

Amazing how people just push what Brady did to the side after wining 6 Super Bowls in the last 20 years when the Pats were mostly a laughing stock prior.

And Popovich has gone back to being an average coach without elite players - Duncan in particular.

You do understand that the team won playoffs before Brady, and even went to the SB twice before Brady. In the 5 years before Brady, this was NOT a failed franchise. The patriots sold out every game, and were in the playoff hunt every year.

True. Or if Hightower doesn't make that incredible stop of lynch on the previous play.
But both of those plays are irrelevant if Brady doesn't destroy one of the greatest defenses of all time, down 10 points in the 4th quarter. One of the greatest clutch performances by any athlete on any stage I've ever seen. That was Brady.

yes.....that day, it was.......my point is that it is still a team sport.......and there was not one game where it was 'all brady'

yes.....that day, it was.......my point is that it is still a team sport.......and there was not one game where it was 'all brady'

And that's the beauty of this game. The ultimate team sport.
Not even Brady at his best can win you a game. Not Belichick at his best can win you a game.
But the 2 of them contributed to winning a helluva lot more than anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots