PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No More Throwbacks for the Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait. So every time I see throwbacks on the Pats, somebody is wearing Grogan and Hannas's old dusty helmets from a warehouse shelf with 1/4" padding inside?:rolleyes:

:rofl:

LOL. WTF? They can't make the throwback helmets the same as the regular ones? What planet is this anyway?

Is it really that difficult to modify a current helmet with a throwback decal?

Or are the Glazers (who took advantage of the uncapped year by spending year by spending about $40 million less than the previous cap) just looking for a way to save a few bucks?

exactly what I was going to say...but, you've already did.

i was hoping, at very least, that this year Pats would have wear throwbacks for 1 game

it was better then nothing

pity...

i would like to see sometimes also white throwbacks, red pants and of course Pat Patriot on the helmet

It is really simple if a team wants to wear throwbacks let them. Have a set of rules that must be followed such as helmets must be new at the start of that season then it's the owners choice if they want to wear throwbacks. Some players use several different helmets throughout a season anyway so it's not like its an issue for them to change.

I also believe the NFL should create a list of sutible helmets not just any NOCSAE approved helmet, they fine guys who have socks too low mandated all players must wear knee and thigh pads but not helmets. Players are allowed to choose for them self even if it antiquated and doesn't the best protection. The giants a few years ago gave Eli a bunch of helmets and said pick one of these after they narrowed it down to ones that reduced concussions.

The NFL strongly urges players to use the same helmet all year long, since the padding can all be removed I don't see how using a newer shell can be an issue.

What a total joke!

So the reason they cant use the throwback is that they should be using the same helmet all year long?

You mean an NFL Player who receives multiple hits in the head area during a game is not getting a new helmet for the next game out of principle? :confused:

More f...ing rules in this league, a very nice tradition gets the double flush...

It is not as though this league has revenue issues... they can afford another "modern" helmet.

"The NFL has a new helmet policy that strongly urgres players to wear the same helmet all year long."

Same helmet? They only fitted ONE? so what happen if the helmet is damage and needed to repair during the game? That player have to sit out the rest of the game?

"The NFL has a new helmet policy that strongly urgres players to wear the same helmet all year long."

Same helmet? They only fitted ONE? so what happen if the helmet is damage and needed to repair during the game? That player have to sit out the rest of the game?

Re: Pat Patriot in Danger?

If I'm reading this correctly, this is Buccaneers-specific problem with the material of which their throwback helmets are made.

Not sure why they couldn't slap the throwback on approved-material helmets, but I don't think it should affect us. Unless I mis-read the whole thing.

Non-story.

Actually it has to do with a new NFL rule which states that a player must (or should) wear the same helmet for the whole year. Something about getting used to the helmet or making sure it fits right was the thought behind the rule, but now they realize that the throwbacks require new helmets.

here it is: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ees-told-teams-not-to-wear-throwback-helmets/

Last edited:

Non-story.

It's a huge story, if you like the old school uni's.

I for one, love seeing both.

Flying Elvis = Super Bowl championships and dominance.

Pat patriot = misspent youth.

Sucks not being able to have both. I think the answer is indeed some paint and decals enabling the same gear to be worn all season.

When i saw the thread title i thought Pat was busted in another sex sting operation. ;)

LOL, not quite that spicy.

I think this is an issue the Pats can workaround. Pat Patriot would look a little weird but ok on the silver helmet background. They just have to use stick on decals that they can remove after the game.

Pat Patriot is in the old folks home with serious spine problems from bending over for decades. Leave the old cartoon tripod in peace, why dontcha.

we should use these as throwbacks if we need to keep the same helmet
ap97010502131.jpg

It's a shame though, I loved the reds

The Bills wore the old helmet this week, so I'm sure they didn't get the memo.

By the way, I really like the Bucs old orange creamsicle uniforms. Reminds me of my childhood in the 70s.

The Bills were supposedly a decal over the regular helmet.

Muy tristo. Hope it won't be a long time before we see them again. Gotta think this change won't last. Less throwback gear will sell and it makes no sense to hut sales like that. If I had it my way we'd get one red throwback game and one away throwback game with either the marshmellow look or the white pants. I love flying elvis but it's always nice to see pat the patriot once a year.

White decal over silver helmet. Not impossible.

we should use these as throwbacks if we need to keep the same helmet
ap97010502131.jpg

It's a shame though, I loved the reds

Bingo! He has Bingo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday