PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No More Throwbacks for the Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Insert comment about liking new uniform better because it's associated with winning]

But, wait! There's more!

The league office passed along to PFT a memo that was sent to the clubs in August, saying that when throwback uniforms are worn, helmets should not be changed.

“Our Head, Neck, and Spine Committee, chaired by Drs. Hunt Batjer and Richard Ellenbogen, and the Player Safety Advisory Panel, chaired by John Madden and Ronnie Lott, have recommended that players no longer wear different helmets as part of a ‘Throwback’ or ‘Third’ uniform,” the memo from the league office said. “Our office supports this change and has reviewed it with the chairman of our Health and Safety ownership committee, Dr. John York, who concurs with this recommendation.”

NFL safety committees told teams not to wear throwback helmets | ProFootballTalk

Sadly, the NFL's gone way overboard on the stupid in recent years.

Best early xmas present EVER!

Good news, actually. Changing uniforms and helmets would put added stress on our rookies. :eek:

The red throwback unis would look terrible with the silver Elvis helmets anyway. The white Pat Patriot helmet was the distinguishing feature.

Does anybody else not see the irony of one of the more violent safeties in NFL history serving on the Player Safety Advisory Panel?

Is it really that difficult to modify a current helmet with a throwback decal?

Or are the Glazers (who took advantage of the uncapped year by spending year by spending about $40 million less than the previous cap) just looking for a way to save a few bucks?

Does anybody else not see the irony of one of the more violent safeties in NFL history serving on the Player Safety Advisory Panel?

When they needed help finding the Green River Killer they interviewed Ted Bundy.

Wait. So every time I see throwbacks on the Pats, somebody is wearing Grogan and Hannas's old dusty helmets from a warehouse shelf with 1/4" padding inside?:rolleyes:

:rofl:

NFL teams are Magoo-esque organizations barely unable to avoid tripping over their own feet. Maintaining 120 helmets instead of 60 is too much strain on the one administrative assistant in charge of equipment for all teams.

haha good one, wait a minute this isn't an onion article? nfl has gone full ******. this will hurt jersey and merchandising sale.

NFL teams are Magoo-esque organizations barely unable to avoid tripping over their own feet. Maintaining 120 helmets instead of 60 is too much strain on the one administrative assistant in charge of equipment for all teams.

I don't know for sure, but, every time I see the Pats in the old pat patriot helmets, they look pristine and brand spanking new.

I always assumed it was a keepsake for every player that season.

Is it really that difficult to modify a current helmet with a throwback decal?

Or are the Glazers (who took advantage of the uncapped year by spending year by spending about $40 million less than the previous cap) just looking for a way to save a few bucks?

Save a few Bucs?

The Bills wore the old helmet this week, so I'm sure they didn't get the memo.

By the way, I really like the Bucs old orange creamsicle uniforms. Reminds me of my childhood in the 70s.

Jeff Howe just tweeted that the Patriots didn't plan on wearing throwbacks this year anyway.

The Bills wore the old helmet this week, so I'm sure they didn't get the memo.

They just switched the logos. The actual helmets were the same.

Jeff Howe just tweeted that the Patriots didn't plan on wearing throwbacks this year anyway.

Muy tristo. Hope it won't be a long time before we see them again. Gotta think this change won't last. Less throwback gear will sell and it makes no sense to hut sales like that. If I had it my way we'd get one red throwback game and one away throwback game with either the marshmellow look or the white pants. I love flying elvis but it's always nice to see pat the patriot once a year.

In related news, the NFL has issued an edict to all NFL players that washing jock straps could weaken the material holding the player's cup in place and under no circumstances should a player wash his jock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back