PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N'Keal Harry's Production

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you're wrong, but I also wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him inactive on Sunday. That said - character insights like the one you're making here are hard from an extreme distance like this, not sure where you get that from.
The fact that he went on IR for a non tear or break was concerning. If he’s not out there on Sunday, it should be very concerning over his durability.

Some of you guys listen to Merloni who hasnt got a clue, he'll be out there and productive Sunday.

I don’t expect much from rookie in their first year in the system plus missing half of the season.

If he has a decent game then that’s a big plus.
Lets hope he stays healthy.

BB got to see NKH in preseason. BB used an IR return on Harry. Harry is taking up a valuable roster spot. This suggests BB & staff see potential. So the argument that he's got nothing isn't supported by the anecdotal evidence. With that said, he hasn't played a down of reg. season NFL football and the Patriots have a complex passing system. A month of practice may not be enough for a rookie to be ready for whatever packages they want to use for the next opponent (especially with Myers showing value).
There's almost half a season left (not counting playoffs). Not withstanding injuries it will be a disappointment if NKH isn't active and getting some snaps in an upcoming game(s).

Won’t shock me if he’s inactive again. I don’t trust this guy wants to get out there. He’s the spitting image of Aaron Dobson.

The fact that he went on IR for a non tear or break was concerning. If he’s not out there on Sunday, it should be very concerning over his durability.

Spitting image of Dobson ?

Did he **** your sister or mother or something ? Rarely seen someone so absolutely biased for no reason whatsoever.

Last edited:
I am sure he will be here again ... perhaps as Michael Myers or Jason Voorhees.
I always wonder why a member would leave and then come back under a different screen name incognito as if they don’t want anyone to know they’re back.

That’s ok if you’re 12 years old, but not as an adult

I miss mosslost/mahomesme/thephantommenace. He knew how to work a poll like a Tuesday lunchtime stripper in Brattleboro Vermont with a high ball in one hand and a lit unfiltered lucky strike in the other.
...and 27 years ago I was at that strip club in Brattleboro, VT.

I never knew they served lunch?

I've decided to turn over a new leaf and be more positive these days. That said, I think Harry plays just around a dozen snaps and has 1-2 targets. But he will be effective in run blocking too.
On the flip side, I'm hoping Meyers gets some targets too

I've said this before but I think Harry was the designated Cordarelle Patterson replacement, filling the same role but with the potential to be a lot more. The offense has missed Patterson in a big way this year - he only played about 50% of snaps last season but whenever he went in motion it helped Brady read defenses and make big plays, and his running and YAC ability was really important on third down and in the red zone. I expect Harry's role Sunday to resemble Patterson's last season - a few catches designed to maximize YAC, maybe one shot downfield, and a couple jet sweeps. I think they'll hit him up early in the scripted part of the game, particularly with sweeps, to try to force defenses to react to his motion later in the game.

Expecting a couple targets on third down, some designed plays with motions like CP had last year and some redzone work for him.

To what it amounts up to we will see. I guess 25-50 yards should be doable... more if he can break some tackles.

Sounds like Brady doesn’t have confidence in him:

Tom Brady Explains Why He Hasn’t Talked Up Patriots Rookie N’Keal Harry

“Unfortunately for N’Keal, he got hurt early in training camp,” Brady said. “He didn’t have the development when other guys were practicing for over two months
That’s an exceptionally terrible take on what Brady said. Maybe he doesn’t, but nothing like that came through in that quote. Just that Harry is behind where other guys are that have been there the entire time. No ****. He’s a rookie and he’s missed half the season. Brady also doesn’t want unfair expectations placed on Harry, which pretty much most of this board is (and has been) doing since Brown and Gordon have been let go.

I've said this before but I think Harry was the designated Cordarelle Patterson replacement, filling the same role but with the potential to be a lot more. The offense has missed Patterson in a big way this year - he only played about 50% of snaps last season but whenever he went in motion it helped Brady read defenses and make big plays, and his running and YAC ability was really important on third down and in the red zone. I expect Harry's role Sunday to resemble Patterson's last season - a few catches designed to maximize YAC, maybe one shot downfield, and a couple jet sweeps. I think they'll hit him up early in the scripted part of the game, particularly with sweeps, to try to force defenses to react to his motion later in the game.
It’s not just going in motion. Any receiver can do that and accomplish the same thing for Brady. It was the consistent threat to take the jet sweep, break a tackle, and take it the distance. They tried it with Dorsett early on, but Dorsett isn’t breaking tackles like Patterson could. I highly doubt that will be Harry on a consistent basis. He doesn’t have the speed for that. I think he’s going to run many of the same routes as Gordon did. Harry is also a solid downfield blocker so it makes sense to get him on a corner for the quick outs to Edelman/Dorsett/White.

I highly doubt that will be Harry on a consistent basis. He doesn’t have the speed for that.

His YAC ability and running through "trash" is most probably what elevated him to be a first round pick. Some players have the ability even if some individual measures (e.g. top end speed or acceleration) would not indicate that.

Lets see where we are with this in 3-4 weeks because I think he might just surprise you.

His YAC ability and running through "trash" is most probably what elevated him to be a first round pick. Some players have the ability even if some individual measures (e.g. top end speed or acceleration) would not indicate that.

Lets see where we are with this in 3-4 weeks because I think he might just surprise you.

I think I like the player but tempering my expectations because of the front offices reputation in drafting wide receivers

This is Harry’s chance, Brady won’t wait on him

Another important skill that Harry shares with Gordon is a superior ability to track the ball while it's in the air...

No option for zero? (I'm not being negative or pessimistic, but it's a very possible outcome even if he gets some snaps)

I see your point but hate the Patterson comparison he was just too useless 3 yards pass the LOS Behind it he was Good. I'd like to see Brady hit Harry on some Slants and Comebacks. I hope I'm not asking for too much.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down