PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nike plans to dramatically change NFL jerseys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The assumption is any "drastic change" will involve materials/construction, since individual teams govern colors/fonts/logos, etc. I'd be surprised if they look any different except for the Nike swoosh replacing the Reebok vector.

Hopefully Nike will continue to make the jerseys in overseas sweat shops so they'll have enought money to pay LeBron and Tiger their one hundred million dollar contracts.

Hopefully Nike will continue to make the jerseys in overseas sweat shops so they'll have enought money to pay LeBron and Tiger their one hundred million dollar contracts.

LOL

Just Do It.

This is why you should buy throwbacks since the regular jerseys become throwbacks in a few years anyway.

The assumption is any "drastic change" will involve materials/construction, since individual teams govern colors/fonts/logos, etc. I'd be surprised if they look any different except for the Nike swoosh replacing the Reebok vector.

I agree. Everything has to pass muster of the league office. I don't see them allowing changes to iconic franchises, regardless of what some marketing dweeb says will sell like wildfire.

Some of those Nike NCAA uniforms are god awful looking. Hopefully, we don't see those type of uniforms in the NFL. I am always scared when they talk about changing uniforms that we will end up seeing uniforms like were in Any Given Sunday.

The only dramatic change I need to see is a label somewhere that reads, "Made in USA".

The only dramatic change I need to see is a label somewhere that reads, "Made in USA".
I take it you'll be willing to pay upwards of 700 dollars per authentic garment then?

I take it you'll be willing to pay upwards of 700 dollars per authentic garment then?

That's a pretty sad rationale. Sad but true. But to answer the question, "no". But I wouldnt pay 350 for one, either.

Last edited:
Some of those Nike NCAA uniforms are god awful looking. Hopefully, we don't see those type of uniforms in the NFL. I am always scared when they talk about changing uniforms that we will end up seeing uniforms like were in Any Given Sunday.

Yeah, those VT and Boise uniforms from opening night were horrendous. :bricks:

The price would be the same. The margins would be smaller. There's absolutely no correlation in this case between costs and price, so why would the price change?

Don't underestimate Nike's ability to totally redesign what jerseys look like.

Think UNDER ARMOUR body fit unis. Baggy on top for the padding and clinging to the waist.

I was shocked with how they (Nike, Mitre, Reebok, etc. redesigned Rugby attire. Doesn't even look like the same sport.

all I give a **** about is..... THEY BETTER NOT LOOK LIKE CRAP

or they make the first batch look like hell...... get ppl to buy them and then make new ones.

Will the Pats get the Oregon treatment and have like 85 different combinations.

they better not look like ****. I swear Nike...... don't piss me off. :)

Last edited:
As long as they don't put the "swoosh" on the front or raise the prices, I'll be happy.

However, I imagine they will be doing both.

I hope they don't look like Oregon's. Some of those are horrid

So let me get this straight, Reebok's contract is up next year and now Nike will be making the jerseys?

Nike probably planing on making NFL uniforms like Oregon..multiple combinations to choose from every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes