PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nick Folk wins AFC Special Teams player of the week

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score

Folk makes everybody nervous but he’s been very good for us. Like an old car that sounds like it’ll fall apart at any moment but keeps trucking along. Congrats to him, hell of a kick!

So glad they used a fourth rounder on a kicker this past draft.

Last season he Made me think we need a New Kicker but he is eben good so far better than I expected so congrats. Did anybody hear sth from rohrwasser maybe recent practice reports or sth ?

this year yes, he was brutal last year

He's been about the same both years. Reliable from short, so bad from long that the team barely even gives him a chance to try (Monday was his only make from 50+). There are probably more than 32 kickers who are better than him, so I think it's silly he even has a roster spot.

Kudos to nick, and bb for obtaining yet another solid kicker.

So glad they used a fourth rounder on a kicker this past draft.

Speaking of the rookie, is the expectation that he learns this year on the practice squad and then emerges next year as the starter?

Was a 5th rounder but I'm sure there were receivers or TE that could have been picked in that slot and would have been an upgrade over what we have now. Or even made the team at all.
Yes, but the WR or TE would be on IR last week after just coming off PUP.

He's been about the same both years. Reliable from short, so bad from long that the team barely even gives him a chance to try (Monday was his only make from 50+). There are probably more than 32 kickers who are better than him, so I think it's silly he even has a roster spot.
maybe my memory’s bad but i thought he missed a lot of chip shots last year

maybe my memory’s bad but i thought he missed a lot of chip shots last year
He didn’t, but he almost missed quite a few. He nearly always just barely put it inside the left upright.

This board is weird. Half the people see a horrible *insert position* and the other half see someone doing well or turning a corner.

He made a nice kick to win a game from 50+; it's a well deserved honor.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back