PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weekly NFL Picks Contest NFL Weekly Picks - Week 3 Is Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
It's a brand new week and the Week 3 Schedule is Loaded and Ready to go:

PatsFans.com Weekly NFL Picks Contest

Current Standings Through Two Weeks:
PatsFans.com Weekly NFL Picks Contest Standings

Below are also the past results. I'm hoping to add a few things this week including a tie-breaker, as well as a few other things. But otherwise, I'll send out a mass Alert when the tie-breaker part is up and I'll need everyone to just go back in and complete that once it's done.

Last Week's Results:
PatsFans.com Weekly NFL Picks Contest Week 2 Results

Week 1 Results:
PatsFans.com Weekly NFL Picks Contest Week 1 Results

It's a clean slate for the weekly contest, so good luck to everyone :D

Last edited:
A quick bump to move this up. Also, I've had a couple of people ask but picks can be selected/changed all the way up until just before kickoff. So for example, if you pick a team today and find out Friday a starter is injured, you can change your pick. Or if you find out an hour before kickoff a key player is going to be inactive, you can change your pick. Hopefully that helps anyone who may also have that question :cool:

Ian I'm a patient man who wish to pick after every finale.:D

After seeing my results for picking after these 2 weeks, I know now why I don't do this...
That's the one good thing about this, every week is a clean slate. We had all new people atop the standings in week 2 and I'm sure someone who had a bad week previously will be among the leaders in another week. 14 weeks to go...it's a long season ;)

I just hurt my neck looking up at all the people above me.

Roughly how many members are participating in this ?

Reactions: Ian
Roughly how many members are participating in this ?
I'm not sure of the exact number but I know it's over 100, which is great. Breaking it down into a weekly thing, in addition to the full season, makes it more wide open since we've already seen over two weeks that what happened the week before doesn't necessarily mean the next week will turn out that way.

So that's opened it up for different people to win each week, which I think makes it a little more fun for people as well. That way, anyone can go from 7-9 the week before to 14-2 the next week and still win. :)

Ian, to make it even more fun, what about having the top 12 "get into the playoffs" and compete against each other in the NFL postseason, with the winner crowned as SB champ? The rest of of us can prognosticate on who among that 12 is going to win.

Ian, to make it even more fun, what about having the top 12 "get into the playoffs" and compete against each other in the NFL postseason, with the winner crowned as SB champ? The rest of of us can prognosticate on who among that 12 is going to win.
Sure, we could definitely do something like that. I'll just have to come up with additional tie-breakers at that point since with fewer teams and 12 people, we'd need something to separate people. But it's definitely a good idea. I'll think about it a little more and will come up with something.

I really hate that Titan choke artist Team on paper they should win but if I pick em they will find a way to lose Jags it is.

I really hate that Titan choke artist Team on paper they should win but if I pick em they will find a way to lose Jags it is.
I'm torn on the Baltimore/KC game. One would think the Chiefs should win at home, but Baltimore is playing well...I'll probably flip/flop on that one all week.

I'm torn on the Baltimore/KC game. One would think the Chiefs should win at home, but Baltimore is playing well...I'll probably flip/flop on that one all week.

Cleveland/Rams games too it would be a statement game for Cleveland if they can keep it close or pull it out. I agree Baltimore/KC if Lamar Jackson can keep them close or pull it out the Ravens are for real. Some good games on tap this week.

Win when it's not expected, lose when it is, def a Jonah pick so far

Can you expand it to, let’s say top 60, so I can have a shot at the playoffs?

If @Ian has to expand it to 60 so you can have a shot then there's no reason why he shouldn't bump to 75 so I get in. I've already used up my one fortunate WAG week for the year. It's straight downhill from here on

If @Ian has to expand it to 60 so you can have a shot then there's no reason why he shouldn't bump to 75 so I get in. I've already used up my one fortunate WAG week for the year. It's straight downhill from here on

:) It's in @Ian 's hands. I've no idea the right number. (But I do think you'll need to improve a bit to get in, whatever he decides. I fully expect to be a spectator in this one.)

:) It's in @Ian 's hands. I've no idea the right number. (But I do think you'll need to improve a bit to get in, whatever he decides. I fully expect to be a spectator in this one.)
I'm pretty sure they were kidding. That much of a crowded field wouldn't work, so it shouldn't be an issue. But it should be fun to see how the season goes and it's definitely made the first two weeks a little more interesting. :cool:

Ok, I'm not going to be a lazy bastard and get this Thursday's game. Last week wasnt great, but I'll change that.

On the bright side, I'm not Dan Florian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down