PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL week 7 game discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF. A Bufallo ****sack game goes OT to keep me from watching the Pats? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

This. They were so eager to give the TD to the Steelers that they didn't even bother looking at the pile. And I'm not so sure about that rule. There was no definitive evidence of either team recovering the ball. So they place it at the 1? If the Dolphins recovered, it's a touchback and they get the ball. If the Steelers recovered, it's a touchdown. If neither team recovered, say it bounces out of bounds or something, it's a touchback for the Dolphins. I don't understand how it goes to the 1 though.
It is because the league implented a new rule a couple years ago saying that even if the ball is whistled dead on the field, you can play through the whistle if there is a "maybe" fumble. If the defense definitively recovers it, the play can be overturned even if the recovery happened after the whistle.

Normally the defense would only challenge the call on the field if they definitively recover the fumble. But in this case, the Dolphins challenged to both prevent the TD and to recover the fumble. Since the refs couldn't tell who recovered it, it goes back to the spot of the fumble.

Raiders appear to be stomping the Broncos.

How is that NOT forward progress?

wow that's a bull**** call lol. the fins players were all on top of that ball. fins are dead in the water now. lucky break for the steelers.

There is no way in **** if I am a referee that I call that a TD on the field. In real time it looked like the ball was coming out around the 1 yd line (closer on replay, but still very obvious). Even if you're not sure, let it play out and see who recovers then the Steelers can challenge to see if Ben crossed the line. That was some Super Bowl 40 type bull**** where the Stealers benefit again.

Dolphins got screwed

So anyone who thinks Einstein O'Brien ain't a problem....
How about those last 2 calls with short yardage
Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Josh McDaniels drove Denver's franchise into the ground.

thanks a lot Denver.

Wide Right:):):)

SD cover D was excellent...... got to close in the end.

The onside kick caught us off guard and it shouldn't have.:eek:

A W is a W- I'll take it.

Has a controversial call ever gone against Pittsburgh? :rolleyes:

Patriots win today, obviously the most important result today. :rocker:

However, disappointing with the rest of the league.

Good
Bengals lose (2-4)
Browns win (2-5) *Especially with Raiders/Panthers winning*

Lame
Ravens win (5-2)
Titans win (5-2)
Chiefs win (4-2)
Raiders win (3-4)
Panthers win (1-5)

Good & Lame
Steelers Win (5-1)

I'm not sure about tiebreakers but...

1. Bills (0-6)
2. 49ers (1-6)
3. Lions (1-5)
4. Panthers (1-5)
5. Cowboys (1-4)
6. Broncos (2-5)
7. Browns (2-5)
8. Chargers (2-5)
9. Bengals (2-4)
10. Vikings (2-3)
11. Rams (3-4)
12. Jaguars (3-4)
13. Raiders (3-4)

Ugh, Raiders not even a Top 10 pick right now and are coming off their biggest win in years.

Last edited:
Packers take the early 7-0 lead.

The Vikes still look like crap. Other than a bonehead gift throw by Rodgers to Jason Allen, the Packers have outclassed the Vikes on every play. I look forward to next week. The Vikes, in the words of Bill Parcells, are what they are.

Please God, let Favre not be suspended next week.

Please God, let Favre not be suspended next week.

Even if he is, he will appeal it. No way he misses next week's game because of suspension.

Has a controversial call ever gone against Pittsburgh? :rolleyes:

Of course there was.

In 1968 the Browns got away with a blatant pass interference against Roy Jefferson.

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Smith apparently done for season

Steelers defensive end Aaron Smith left today's game with a torn left triceps, and it appeared his season was over.

Coach Mike Tomlin revealed the extent of the injury, which occurred early in the third quarter, and said, "it is not good."

Linebacker James Farrior, the defensive captain, called the injury to Smith "devastating."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST