PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION NFL Week 13 Other Games

He could have tried to fight through it some more, and he tried to sell it, but that doesn't change the fact he was being grabbed and interfered with.
View attachment 47987

Nope, the defender barely touches his arm if you watch it live. Of course, as soon as Evans saw that he was not going to catch it, he throws his arms up and got the flag. He's been doing this for years.

Exchanging Mac or Zappe for Brady wouldn't change any of the Patriots 6 wins to losses. But the Miami and GB games definitely get flipped from a L to a W with Brady so that's 8-4. I think they win at least one of Vikings Bills and Bears so that's anywhere from 9-11 wins and we might be in first place.

Brady also would have masked the deficiencies in the OL and coaching in a way Mac and Zappe can't. Oh well.

Can we permanently put to rest this notion that Brady refuses to give rookies the time of day? Rachaad White, Cade Otton and even Ko Kieft making significant contributions with Brady this season. After the Saints called a timeout, prior to the game-winning TD pass, the Bucs called a play specifically designed for White in the red zone. Brady has TD passes to each of the rookies. He makes it work with any player willing to put in the time and effort and exhibits the requisite ability.

Last edited:

The irony in the Brady "Pats fans" nuthuggers boasting about this is it stopped them from going to 5-7 and being a game worse than this "terrible" Pats team with an OC & OL coach who has no clue what he is doing with the offense or OL. and yet that terrible offense has still scored 32 more points than Brady & Bucs have this year while playing a tougher schedule (Pats sos is .520 & Bucs is .429)

Let's not even talk about the 1 common opponent they had, the Browns where Brady struggled mightily only putting up 17 & lost and a rookie shredded them to a tune of 38 points and it was a ****ing burial 25 point blowout
a9ae77d59fa4581e036a80eff8262ca3.jpg

Except Brady isn't Babe Ruth...and certainly isn't playing like him

Tom Brady, 2020-22
30-15 record (1 Div)
1,233-for-1,853 (66.5%)
13,281 yards, 7.2 Y/A, 295.1 Y/G
99 TDs, 27 INTs
61 sacks
99.1 rating
8 fourth-quarter comebacks, 11 game-winning drives

Patriots QBs, 2020-22
23-22 record (0 Div)
894-for-1,336 (66.9%)
9,852 yards, 7.4 Y/A, 218.9 Y/G
45 TDs, 37 INTs
97 sacks
88.3 rating
2 fourth-quarter comebacks, 4 game-winning drives

Post-season:

Tom Brady, playoffs, 2020-21
5-1 record (1 SB)
140-for-220 (61.1%)
1,661 yards, 7.3 Y/A, 276.8 Y/G
13 TDs, 4 INTs
13 sacks
94.9 rating
0 fourth-quarter comebacks, 1 game-winning drive

Mac Jones, playoffs, 2021
0-1 record (0 SB)
24-for-38 (63.2%)
232 yards, 6.1 Y/A
2 TDs, 2 INTs
3 sacks
75.8 rating
0 fourth-quarter comebacks, 0 game-winning drives

@venecol brought back the Florida babes in the avatar.

By the way, I had to turn off the game last night after they were down 13-3. I thought the game was over. I turn it back and I see Godwin talking about the game winner thinking "WTF just happened?".

Last edited:
You have to be a special kind of stupid to be a Patriots fan rooting against Tom Brady, the player who made this franchise relevant.

What's worse is people are rooting against Bill Belichick

• I Don't Agree
Reactions: sb1
You have to be a special kind of stupid to be a Patriots fan rooting against Tom Brady, the player who made this franchise relevant.
Agree, but Bledsoe/Parcells and the 1996-1999 (including Carrol years) teams made them relevant. They took a small break before Tom/Bill took it to another level.

No one is rooting against Bill Belichick while he is still our coach. They may criticize him for the decisions he makes, which we do with everyone on the team, but in the end we all want to win.

And if he were to leave to another team, I and probably most of us level-headed Pats fans would wish him well and continued success unless he is coaching against the Patriots. Same with Brady and any other former Patriots who left the team (on good terms ;) ).

Last edited:
Can we permanently put to rest this notion that Brady refuses to give rookies the time of day? Rachaad White, Cade Otton and even Ko Kieft making significant contributions with Brady this season. After the Saints called a timeout, prior to the game-winning TD pass, the Bucs called a play specifically designed for White in the red zone. Brady has TD passes to each of the rookies. He makes it work with any player willing to put in the time and effort and exhibits the requisite ability.
The Pats drafted badly overall from 2014 to 2019 and especially WR and TEs. Brady depended on the veterans and free agents as the rookies were bad. So I think that's how this notion came about especially when the next superstar NKeal got drafted.

Nope, the defender barely touches his arm if you watch it live. Of course, as soon as Evans saw that he was not going to catch it, he throws his arms up and got the flag. He's been doing this for years.
Disagree on the first sentence. The touch was enough to get Evans off course but maybe he could have put more effort to stay on course.

Partly disagree on the 2nd part. He still could have caught it but gave up. He's been giving up and putting in a half ask effort all season. I agree that sometimes instead of trying to get a difficult catch, he instead tries to get a flag.

Not one poster here who is a Pats fan is cheering against Bill Belichick

Exchanging Mac or Zappe for Brady wouldn't change any of the Patriots 6 wins to losses. But the Miami and GB games definitely get flipped from a L to a W with Brady so that's 8-4. I think they win at least one of Vikings Bills and Bears so that's anywhere from 9-11 wins and we might be in first place.

Brady also would have masked the deficiencies in the OL and coaching in a way Mac and Zappe can't. Oh well.
No doubt our record would be better but I think it would be another one of those head scratching seasons like 2009, 2013, 2019 where there's just so much Jekyll and Hyde that as fans we go into the playoffs optimistic but unsurprised when we lose our first playoff game.

No doubt our record would be better but I think it would be another one of those head scratching seasons like 2009, 2013, 2019 where there's just so much Jekyll and Hyde that as fans we go into the playoffs optimistic but unsurprised when we lose our first playoff game.
Could be. Just think Brady is the one guy that could mask a lot of the obvious problems we're seeing every week.

Interesting stat:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back