PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Trade Deadline Rumors, including Bourne and Agholar

I kinda expected the pats to be sellers and not buyers so Im not shocked with them doing nuttin

Bill realizes that there is a 95% probability the Pats won’t win the Super Bowl this year. No need to trade away assets unnecessarily. You don’t go grocery shopping when you are hungry.
Makes zero sense, Wynn and Agholar will not be back next season why not trade them for picks next year.

Makes zero sense, Wynn and Agholar will not be back next season why not trade them for picks next year.

I don't know...maybe no one wanted them? Besides I indicated in my post I was talking about trading for players, not unloading them

No Van Noy type out there? Was hoping for a diamond in a rough again for our LBs.
Zack Baun is the obvious comparison in the 2020 draft class, given how often he was mocked to the Patriots as an inside/outside tweener. Unlike Van Noy, who had ~60% of the Lions’ defensive snaps in the 7 games prior to being traded, Baun can’t even get on the field. He hasn’t played a single defensive snap this season.

Chris nobody wants those over priced underachievers nobody is doing us any favors. I am sure BB tried.
Yeah the contract Claypool had made him attractive to the bears got him for a second they must really like him.
It’s virtually nothing on the cap.

I think if I was a GM I would pay for locker room guys your captains and leaders and just churn out receivers defensive backs thru the draft.
QB unless you have a top 10 talent.

I wonder if perhaps Bill thinks that keeping Wynn and Agholor and under-utilizing them will lower their free agent value and allow him to more easily sign then in the off-season. Probably not Wynn, but I could see him trying to keep Agholor at a depressed value if he isn’t able to keep Meyers.
You think BB would pay a guy who literally stole money from him based on his meager production?? I think not!

Claypool for a second feels like Sanu for a second. Big W for the Steelers.

Bill has never been one to dish out 1st round picks to players due for a new contract so I’m not surprised no big move was made. They’ll have plenty of cap space in the off-season to upgrade their roster.

I would have traded away Agholor or Wynn, although you weren't getting more than a 7th or conditional 6th maybe. We needed to keep Bourne - WRs are in hot demand across the league and salaries have exploded. He's under contract next year pretty cheaply (as is Parker). If we traded him, we'd have to give out a pretty significant contract to a free agent to just get a comparable player. Given Agholor is gone next offseason and we'll have to pay Meyers a hefty sum, it makes sense to keep Bourne as WR3/4 at his current contract.

The number one priority next offseason is going to be OT. Wynn is gone and Brown is a big question mark. We're going to have to use a high pick, potentially our first on another OT and invest in FA. The free agency crop in general doesn't look that good - and with the cap exploding, no real big time players are going to reach free agency.

Bill has his work cut out to catch up with the Bills.
Bill dominated the bildos for 30 years. Actually has a defensive game plan in the HOF for beating them in the SB. Then went to their division when they thought they were finally getting over those SB choke jobs and dominated them for 20 years in route to winning 6 SBs. Even at their new peak he has walked into Buffalo and won with Mac Jonee throwing 3 times and also was close to beating them there with the football playing career corpse of Cam Newton and his defensive captains sitting out the year. Not to mention probably might have beaten them in Foxboro if JC Jackson didn't stick his hands in butter right before.

It's the bildos that have their work cut out to catch Bill.

Gonna be funny if this is just the early 90s bildos again where they get all this hype but can't finish the job.

Last edited:
Let’s not, however, throw too many bouquets at Beane for this. You can’t just wipe out the fact that they wasted a third round pick on Moss, or that their second round pick this year, Cook, whom they drafted to play the role that Hynes will likely play, failed miserably and forced them to look for other alternatives at the deadlines. Throw in Singletary, a decent back, and they have failed to find a RB1 despite using high picks on three running backs over the past four years.
The Moss pick isn't wasted if it brought back Hines who (as I've now been corrected from my earlier post) has this year and the next two years under contract.

Cook has all of seven games in the NFL, I'd wait a bit before saying he's a miserable failure.

Beane is a very good GM but let’s not pretend that he walks on water. He makes his fair share of big mistakes as well. DeCosta is revered in the same way by many on this site but if you look at the ravens picks closely there are many duds as well. Both are very good but many here and many fans/experts nationally go overboard.
EVERY GM makes their fair share of big mistakes.

Seems many GMs are coming to the conclusion that draft capital is overrated, they are more willing than ever to trade high draft picks for solid veterans.

It seems clear there is a lot more risk in a given draft pick than most fans realize.

NJFL and BSPN have done a great job in pumping up the draft, but it's mostly hype.

People who have spent all their adult lives thinking about football and have advanced in the game to the NFL GM position still make many, many mistakes.

It turns out some guys who look great in college just aren't very good at the next level, for many different reasons.

The only one I'm kind of surprised wasn't moved was Wynn, because it feels like he's in a bad place right now mentally. But if no one was really offering anything for him, and he's not actively hurting the locker room, it's not like they have tremendous tackle depth. Cannon is doing yeoman's work, but he's limited and can't be counted on for full time snaps. Cajuste is the dark horse, but I'm past counting on him, whatever he gives is gravy. Wynn is struggling, but the more options we have to work with in front of Mac the better it is for this year and his development.

Except Claypool might be 23 or 24 Sanu was in the twilight of his career.
Claypool is long fast and tall.
It’s a good move for the Bears but Pickens is the player everyone missed on it he can behave himself.

Claypool is at least young with lots of upside, Sanu was an aged vet and a travesty of a trade

This new NFL Teams can literally load up and buy a Championship. The Rams did it last year and other Teams are copying.
Yep.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back