PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

nfl Top 100 players of 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem undervalued to me, but I like when our team has a collective chip on its shoulder and preaches disrespect. Most successful team of the last couple decades, but they still act hungry. Love it.

I thought so at first. Then I realized that with 32 teams in the league every time should only have ~3 players in the top 100. At least if talent was truly evenly distributed throughout the league.

Obviously for the Patriots Brady and Gronk are going to be toward the top. So having another 2 in the 90s and the Patriots are already above average. McCourty should also be in there somewhere I expect.

2 more patriot players in 80-71. That means we'll have our most ever in the top 100 I think? 5 patriots at least?

Edit: It's 2 superbowl LI champions. So that could also mean Blount, Bennett, Sheard, Long, etc.

My bad!

Last edited:
I'm going to laugh if Matt Ryan is voted #1.
I'd be surprised if Brady wasn't #1. Didn't he make it in the top couple/few recently? Coming off of the SB comeback (also #5), what more would people want?

I've been able to understand the debate (not that I ever agreed with it) for a guy like Rodgers over Brady in the past, simply due to age alone, but not anymore. Not after 2 more Super Bowl titles.

I wonder how many GMs would have similar opinions to the players?

Many here seem to feel that a guy like Butler is one of the top CBs in the game. Some even have him in the top 1-2. Obviously, the players who voted here disagree.

Also, Hightower at #94 seems a bit low, particularly for those who predicted 14+ million a year for him. One nameless, but very generous poster even went as far to predict that he'd receive "Von Miller money," in the ballpark of 16+ million a year.

Are the rest of the NFL players severely undervaluing our players, or are most here severely overvaluing them? My guess is something in the middle, with a nudge toward the latter.

If these guys are this low what other Patriots players are going to show up? Brady, Gronk and maybe Edelman?

Best was the guy during Hightowers' presentation saying "He plays the game the right way. That's how they do it up there", while he kinda looks towards the ground as he is saying it.

Pretty neat to see.

Aren't those votes cast before the Superbowl? Would explain why hightower isn't higher on the list.

Well if you go by the link provided in this thread: Convincing evidence that Brady was the real regular season MVP in 2016

Then it should be Tom Brady.

However, usually when the top 100 show shows someones list of who's #1, that person is never #1. They showed Tom Brady so far. So that would mean Matt Ryan will be #1.
ICGAF if Matt Ryan is voted #1 nor do I care for Matt Ryan being the NFL MVP. The entire world saw what unfolded; Ryan choked, the Goat exploded.

Tom Brady is the best player in the NFL, he's the greatest QB ever and arguably, the greatest player ever. Everything else is column filler.

ICGAF if Matt Ryan is voted #1 nor do I care for Matt Ryan being the NFL MVP. The entire world saw what unfolded; Ryan choked, the Goat exploded.

Tom Brady is the best player in the NFL, he's the greatest QB ever and arguably, the greatest player ever. Everything else is column filler.

I think you will see Brady he get the #1 spot this year.

Do the Pats still have the Rodney Harrison Bulletin Board???

The Rodney Dangerfield routine continues..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back