PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Rumors: Patriots could see 'Mass Exodus' of Coaches, Executives, this offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring Floyd Reese back.

I don’t recall Jason La Canfora being correct on any of his Patriot’s related breaking stories.

Until/unless a credible local guy like Reiss chimes in, I'm not going to worry much about what Jason La Canfora is saying.

This offseason is going to be a wild one. Should be fun to sit back and see how Bill handles it. Curious to see what the succession plan is in a lot of these coaching spots. Some things to consider.
  • Brady’s successor/contract sitch
  • McDaniels interviews/who goes with him
  • Flores interviews/who goes with him
  • Edelman’s age
  • Gronks age
  • Continued power transfer w/JK from RK
  • Complete overhaul of WR position
  • Possible departure of Trey Flowers
  • Rebuilding of DL
  • Rebuilding of LB corps.
  • What are we going to do with LT situation?
  • The draft
  • Contract restructures w/Dmac, HT, Dwayne Allen.
This offseason has the potential to be like that first season of Madden franchise mode where you gut the roster, swing tons of trades, and rebuild the team.

Over the next 3 - 5 years this team will need to be rebuilt in many different areas.

Robert Kraft - 78 yrs old next season. Will he be as active in his 80’s? Jonathan Kraft likely to take on more in the coming years.

Bill Belichick - 67 next season. I think he steps down as coach/GM within next 4 years. Maybe stay on at Executive level for a few years to see transition of team.

Tom Brady - I think he’s injured and it’s been a very tough year for him. He’s also seeing a significant decline in his skill players. I think he’s done within 2 years, possibly 1, depending what the team around him looks like.

2009 - 2014 core players - the end is coming for most of the core that led us to 2 SB’s. Gronk, Edelman, McCourty, Chung, Hightower, etc... are all getting older and skills diminishing. Likely the end for this group in the next few seasons.

The draft - we haven’t had a great draft in years. We will need another couple of homerun drafts like we saw from 2010 - 2014 to replenish the roster. Need the QB of the future, impact DL and LBs, and talent at WR and TE.

All in all the next phase of this team is coming soon. The owner, the coach, the best player in NFL history are coming to the end of their run.

Over the next 3 - 5 years this team will need to be rebuilt in many different areas.

Robert Kraft - 78 yrs old next season. Will he be as active in his 80’s? Jonathan Kraft likely to take on more in the coming years.

Bill Belichick - 67 next season. I think he steps down as coach/GM within next 4 years. Maybe stay on at Executive level for a few years to see transition of team.

Tom Brady - I think he’s injured and it’s been a very tough year for him. He’s also seeing a significant decline in his skill players. I think he’s done within 2 years, possibly 1, depending what the team around him looks like.

2009 - 2014 core players - the end is coming for most of the core that led us to 2 SB’s. Gronk, Edelman, McCourty, Chung, Hightower, etc... are all getting older and skills diminishing. Likely the end for this group in the next few seasons.

The draft - we haven’t had a great draft in years. We will need another couple of homerun drafts like we saw from 2010 - 2014 to replenish the roster. Need the QB of the future, impact DL and LBs, and talent at WR and TE.

All in all the next phase of this team is coming soon. The owner, the coach, the best player in NFL history are coming to the end of their run.
I think RK has been mentoring JK well enough that I do not expect any great change to visible from the top even as the transition is complete.

I expect Brady may hang it up if he can out winners after this season. If they do not win out I’m not so sure, but at most I think we can only count on another year or two. QB transition will be the biggest challenge, and BB has shown he can pull rabbits out of the hat so often I don’t expect a disaster, just regression to the mean. In other words, the norm for good NFL QB play.

BB will stay at least a couple of years after Brady IMO, to show he can win without him. After that maybe Josh ascends, maybe some presently unknown has developed, or one of BB’s coaching tree is hired as his successor. Or if he can hold on a few more years how long before the first of his boys is ready? (Being facetious on that last idea)

La Confora is connected within the Steelers but not really here. And some of this is just the usual speculation.

McDaniels is candidate every season, Flores has had interviews two seasons in a row. Caserio seems a long shot to me unless in a combo with Josh. But Dave Ziegler or Monti Ossenfort could definitely be in play somewhere else.

That is more or less the same talk as every season.

Last edited:
I love sports journalism (not that regular journalism is much better), where you can just make shot in the dark speculation and couch it in mush words like "could" and, if you're right, people praise you as a genius and, if you're wrong, nobody holds you accountable.

Jonathan Kraft likely to take on more in the coming years.

My guess is that Jonathan has already been operating the all the nuts-and-bolts of the ntire organization behind the scenes for at least 2-3 years now, maybe longer. He's been President of the Patriots since 2005. Bob has gradually become more of a figurehead CEO.

My guess is that Jonathan has already been operating the all the nuts-and-bolts of the ntire organization behind the scenes for at least 2-3 years now, maybe longer. He's been President of the Patriots since 2005. Bob has gradually become more of a figurehead CEO.
So you don’t believe that BB wanted to move on from Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back