PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Playoffs Set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Here is the real playoff schedule with special commentary by me

Any weather forecasts go out that far?

NFC: 5 versus 6 is realistic

I do not think there has ever been a conference final with 5 vs 6 (although I think it was close to that recently, IIRC). In the NFC, it is a Serious Possibility.

Yes, the Falcons are a good team, but Saints and Packers are better than Bears and Eagles (I am ignoring the NFC-West joke). If Packers can upset Falcons, 5 vs 6 looks possible.

If Pats go to SB, I would prefer to not see Saints or Packers.

Re: NFC: 5 versus 6 is realistic

Ppl need to start looking at saints and packers more realistically instead of on paper.

Re: Here is the real playoff schedule with special commentary by me

Any weather forecasts go out that far?

In New England??? Getting the forecast right 2 days out is a miracle in the winter.

I'll give you the forecast.

It could be 60, it could be 20, it could be raining, it could be snowing, it could be sunny.

Re: AFC Playoffs Set: Jets @ Colts / Ravens @ Chiefs

The Titans were in field goal range and Kerry Collins fumbled the frigging snap, thus handing it over to the Peyton Manning show. The Titans had them just where they wanted them. Lucas Oil Field was groaning, thinking they were gonna get the dangerous Ravens next week. That was until the bumbled choke job by Collins. Now The Colts get to destroy The Jets next week and BOTH The Ravens and The Colts will prolly be alive come Division Weekend, instead of one knocking out the other next week.

Freaking fabulous. Thanks a lot, Kerry Collins. You jagoff.

My sentiments exactly. When it's all over and we've won, I'll wonder why I worried about the Ravens, but I worried about the Ravens.

Re: AFC Playoffs Set: Jets @ Colts / Ravens @ Chiefs

Thank you Kerri Collins, thank you for that gift wrapped Colt victory, I think things worked out perfectly for the Pats.

The one team I wanted to avoid now has to go through the Steelers at Heinz field before coming to Foxboro (ah, not happening), but they do us all a favor before hand by sending home Rex with his tail between his legs. We then get to play one of the 2 teams I wanted to play (Ravens/Chiefs). I love either one of them coming in to Foxboro. Things could not have worked out any better today.......

Personal preferences aside for particular match ups, do you really think it worked out "perfectly" if perhaps the two best teams in the conference are meeting in the divisional round?

One of the benefits of being the #1 seed is supposedly getting the lesser of the wild card game winners, and that only happens if the Jets win (and even if the Chiefs upset the Ravens you'd be hard pressed to say they're better than the Jets without having seen a head to head match up). After the egg the Chiefs laid today, I wouldn't call having a title game caliber opponent in the divisional round as working out "perfectly." Even with a win, that is only one game down, not to mention the potential for injuries in playing against a scumbag team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes