NFL Playoffs Set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Playoff Schedule Set: Pats to Play Sunday Night

Thread Epic Fail!

Last game of the weekend instead of the first. Thanks NFL. :rolleyes:

Re: AFC Playoffs Set: Jets @ Colts / Ravens @ Chiefs

Thank you Kerri Collins, thank you for that gift wrapped Colt victory, I think things worked out perfectly for the Pats.

The one team I wanted to avoid now has to go through the Steelers at Heinz field before coming to Foxboro (ah, not happening), but they do us all a favor before hand by sending home Rex with his tail between his legs. We then get to play one of the 2 teams I wanted to play (Ravens/Chiefs). I love either one of them coming in to Foxboro. Things could not have worked out any better today.......

Well off to Ganggreen to see the Jets wheeping about having to go and play the Colts at Lucas Oil, oh there should be some great reads over there as they were all banking on getting the luxury of playing Matt Cassel and the Chiefs. Oh this is great !

Last edited:

Pats play at 4:30 on Sunday, 1/16.

Last game of the weekend instead of the first. Thanks NFL. :rolleyes:

Meh. It's an extra day of rest/preparing. And the AFCCG is the late game, so it is more off time.

the happiest team is baltimore. they have lost 8 straight to mannning and they are happy to go to KC instead.

Come on KC, get rid of those Ravens! Baltimore strikes me as the team most likely to leave your team injured, I'd rather they not visit.

Yes.... I'll be cheering big for KC. It not realistic though.

We win in a walk against KC. Balt will give us trouble.

Last edited:

I love the sunday playoff games as I usually work on saturdays. Much easier to get sundays off. :)

Last edited:

I would have perfered the Saturday Night game. esp if that meant a short week for our next victim.

Last edited by a moderator:
re: Playoff Schedule Set: Pats to Play Sunday 1/16 @ 4:30pm

It's all good. The other guys have to come to OUR house. Hopefully, we'll have more weather like the Chicago game. :cool:

wow! I totally see the Jets v Indy in prime time. What I cannot see is the other prime time choice. You have BB/TB out there, a likely Chi vs Mike Vick, Indy/Manning vs Pitt or Balt......and your choice is Atl vs Sea/Rams/GB or NO? Short of a NO matchup, this game is probably your least noteworthy football event..... and it is the prime time choice?

I'd rather have Sat game whether in primetime or not. BB will already have almost 2 weeks to prepare for the Div Rd. I would rather give him the extra day for the AFC Champ Rd by playing our game on Sat. Now our AFC Champ round opponent will have an extra day on us. Is what it is......

Last edited:

Meh. It's an extra day of rest/preparing. And the AFCCG is the late game, so it is more off time.

I don't think the extra day after already have a BYE through wild card helps much. Conversely, the extra day before a title game would be a help. On top of that, a Saturday game would have meant less rest for the opponent coming out of the wild card game. Steelers lucked out here.

wow! I totally see the Jets v Indy in prime time. What I cannot see is the other prime time choice. You have BB/TB out there, a likely Chi vs Mike Vick, Indy/Manning vs Pitt or Balt......and your choice is Atl vs Sea/Rams/GB or NO? Short of a NO matchup, this game is probably your least noteworthy football event..... and it is the prime time choice?

You can take away the AFC games, it is Fox's yr for the Saturday night Divisional prime time game.

Here is the real playoff schedule with special commentary by me

Sorry, that other thread was just a mess and also didn't address the Conference Championship, if necessary, knock on wood, etc.

NFL Schedule: Playoffs

Let's make it simple.

The Patriots play the Divisional Round game on Sunday, January 16th, at 4:30. The NFC has an early and late game that weekend, while the AFC both have 4:30 games. In my opinion, a big win for the Patriots. It will be colder by nighttime, and Gillette seems demonic in the darkness. If the Ravens come it, an obvious psychological gain is lost, as last season the game was on a bright day.

If they win, the Patriots play the Conference Championship game on Sunday, January 23rd, at 6:30 PM. In my opinion, another big win, as the Patriots tend to play better in night and cold. Playing later in the day gives the visiting teams more chance to tighten up.

Of course, my opinions are probably subjective. I can recall, though, a lot night games at Gillette that were memorable and rarely ending up in the loss column. Plus, the Baltimore game still sticks in my memory.

Re: Here is the real playoff schedule with special commentary by me

Epic thread win!

It's all good. The other guys have to come to OUR house. Hopefully, we'll have more weather like the Chicago game. :cool:

Don't know about the snow but they are predicting a major cold wave for the Midwest and Northeast by mid January. Our kind of weather... :D

Don't know about the snow but they are predicting a major cold wave for the Midwest and Northeast by mid January. Our kind of weather... :D

Wicked Pissah! unless of course it's a prediction by those clowns with the global warming computer models. :confused:

Re: Here is the real playoff schedule with special commentary by me

Strangely. I agree with the significance of playing the late game under the lights, as opposed to the 1pm game. Something about that primetime-like atmosphere....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes