NFL Playoffs: Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Divisional Round Breakdown: Packers at 49ers

The time draws near. I thought it might be nice for each matchup to have threads for the thoughts and wisdom of those on the board and elsewhere. So, have at it...

Re: Divisional Round Breakdown: Packers at 49ers

I really haven't watched too many GB games this season, but I did choose SF on my picks. From the little I've seen, I think with the few injuries and not having a bye, gives GB the disadvantage. Tough call tho.

I think it boils down to the health of Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb. Still I'm picking SF, it'll be a great game. Both NFC matchups look very good this weekend.

I have GB in this one. They will need their wideouts healthy and some semblance of a ground game. It won't be easy doing it on the road in SF but I think the Packers will pull it out.

Looking forward to seeing Kaepernick in his first playoff game, too.

NFL Playoffs: Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers
By: John Morgan

While there has been a lot of talk that Green Bay should win because of the difference between quarterbacks Aaron Rodgers and Colin Kaepernick, the 49ers have such a better defense and run game that it makes it tough to envision a victory by the Packers....

49ers defense allowed 34 and 45 points to New England and Seattle in back to back games and has allowed 25.5 PPG over their last 4 games (includes NE and Sea). First playoff game for Kap, Justin Smith is hurt I like GB in mid-20's game. I expect Kap to turn it over at least once and Rodgers to look like the vet he is.

Packers: 27
49ers: 20

It's received little or no coverage but there has been a flu bug making the rounds in the Packer locker room and it landed on Rodgers Thursday. He of course says the version he caught isn't as bad as some others and he'll be fine. Flu bugs and road games...not an ideal combo. Expect to hear more if the results don't pan out.

It's received little or no coverage but there has been a flu bug making the rounds in the Packer locker room and it landed on Rodgers Thursday. He of course says the version he caught isn't as bad as some others and he'll be fine. Flu bugs and road games...not an ideal combo. Expect to hear more if the results don't pan out.

Packers receiver Randall Cobb was also limited at practice this week due to the flu. I suppose other players as well did not get the normal amount of reps due to flu-like symptoms.

And this could be potentially problematic, in part due to the fact that a solid week of preparation and practice are important indicators of how a football team performs on game-days more often than not. Hard to accomplish this goal when players are missing/slowed due to a virus.

Shall be interesting to see if this has bearing on today's game later on.

Just bumping this up. Hoping for a good game

Green Bay-San Francisco game thread

starting in progress!

kinda want to avoid Rodgers, myself

ooops sorry delete

didn't see the other one way down the board

Last edited:

Green Bay is out to the early lead, and CK has already thrown his first pick.

I'll say it again......

Holy **** - James Jones!

jawdrop.gif

Re: Green Bay-San Francisco game thread

Let's go Packaz!

Terrible to leave Crabtree that open. Rodgers needs to get to work.

Two VERY tough teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results