PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Offseason moves which may impact the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
There'll be a big run on needy positions. There always is. This year it'll be offensive tackles in the 1st round, defensive tackles in the early-mid 2nd, defensive backs in the mid 2nd.

Which is also why mock drafts without trades are so unrealistic, just look at Don Banks' new one with Clausen dropping to 30 :rolleyes:

Does the Jets trade for Holmes force the Patriots to consider a top ranked WR as thier #1 pick now if they weren't inclined to do so before? or sit until the 2nd for a WR that is passed over?

I still think the Pats go DT at #1 and WR in round 2

Last edited:
I can't picture Belichick panicking and changing his draft plans because of anything the Jets do.

I can't picture Belichick panicking and changing his draft plans because of anything the Jets do.

I believe word out that in 2006 Belichick was going elsewhere at #1 until he found out that Maroney was being sought by the Colts,so he drafted Maroney (unfortunately) instead of another just to get a player the Colts were interested in. - He is cagey like that and knows who his biggest hurdles of a rival team are and try to take away advantages...granted this was a trade and not a draft pick but just sayin.....

Last edited:
Does the Jets trade for Holmes force the Patriots to consider a top ranked WR as thier #1 pick now if they weren't inclined to do so before? or sit until the 2nd for a WR that is passed over?

I still think the Pats go DT at #1 and WR in round 2

No.

It means the Receiving class will slip down an extra pick each.

I also don't think that the effin jesters will draft a WR in the first 2 rounds, so that should leave one more avail. for us.

I also don't think that the effin jesters will draft a WR in the first 2 rounds, so that should leave one more avail. for us.

Jets are probably going for a guy like Jerry Hughes in round one,they need a rookie up front for depth

I believe word out that in 2006 Belichick was going elsewhere at #1 until he found out that Maroney was being sought by the Colts,so he drafted Maroney (unfortunately) instead of another just to get a player the Colts were interested in. - He is cagey like that and knows who his biggest hurdles of a rival team are and try to take away advantages...granted this was a trade and not a draft pick but just sayin.....

I hope that's not true. Oh, what a tangled web we weave! When first we practice to decieve!

To think we could have had a good player and instead we got maroney, no disrespect meant to him.

Are you sure? First I've heard of it, aside from Manning's jokey call to Brady, "you took our RB!"

I believe word out that in 2006 Belichick was going elsewhere at #1 until he found out that Maroney was being sought by the Colts,so he drafted Maroney (unfortunately) instead of another just to get a player the Colts were interested in.
Are you just making this up or do you have something to back it up ? I think there was a little chatter BY FANS about that possibility but nothing more than that that I'm aware of.

With the division suddenly becoming more WR heavy, it makes me look more closely at the Patriots secondary. Previously I thought the position was set, not so sure now.

Bodden is a physical corner, I think he's got the skills to not be outclassed by Marshall. Not sure how well Butler would fare against him though.

A great pass rush beats WRs more than anything else. Just rewatch SB 42..

Not necessarily.

See: Wes Welker.

A great pass rush beats WRs more than anything else. Just rewatch SB 42..

More like: "a great pass rush beats stubborn OCs who call long developing pass routes even though the QB has 2 seconds to throw on every dropback". When we went to Welker and the short passing game we moved the ball at will. McDaniels was disgraceful in the SuperBowl.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore