PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Offseason Arrest Rates Have Skyrocketed Since Roger Goodell Became Commissioner

Re: NFL Offseason Arrest Rates Have Skyrocketed Since Roger Goodell Became Commission

Are we really blaming Goodell for this?

There's not much he can do. THe NFL have athe rookie symposium which is superb in giving young rookie's advice on how to cope with the new lifestyle, money etc....what more can you do?

He isn't their direct employer. In our companies warehouse we have members of staff whom even we cannot control outside of work. Heck, we barely manage it inside of work! But, when they do step out of line, they know about it.

That's the best you can do and, if that doesn't get the message sunk in, then they're a lost cause with an attitude problem.

Re: NFL Offseason Arrest Rates Have Skyrocketed Since Roger Goodell Became Commission

you could easily say that the NFL arrests have skyrocketed since Demaurice Smith became NFLPA chairman.

NFL Offseason Arrest Rates Have Skyrocketed Since Roger Goodell Became Commissioner | NFL | NESN.com

Would've never guessed, lol.

Well, at least it's confirmation that Goodell has absolutely sucked at addressing, what has become, his most well-known job-priority.

EDIT: original article (NFL Offseason Reported Arrests Are Up 61% Since Roger Goodell Implemented Personal Conduct Policy in 2007 | The Big Lead)
To blame Roger Goodell for increased arrest rates is like blaming the New England Patriots for Hernandez's actions last month.

EDIT: I swear I made this post before reading Resdubwhite's post, which says the exact same thing. I apologize if it seems like I was plagiarizing, it's just a matter of great minds thinking alike :)

The comparison starts at 2000-2006 as compared to when Goodell took over post-2006. Stop making it sound like the comparison starts in the 1950s or whatever.....
I know 2000-2006 doesn't really seem like that long ago, but there have actually been quite a few changes in the world since then, I'm thinking specifically of social media. That alone has changed the way people behave, the way athletes behave and the way the authorities behave.

Goodell's a clown who shouldn't be allowed near the NFL, but he's not the reason arrests are up. On the other hand, arrests being up does indicate that his policy of trying to be the baddest commissioner on the planet isn't having the impact he's looking for.

Maybe he should try grounding the players and taking away their video games.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back