PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Honors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
TWENTY new hall of farmers to be announced tonight :eek:

Hopefully Gilmore gets DPOY. Deserves it.

Too bad it’s tape delayed there will be spoilers all over the place before the broadcast.

Fingers crossed for Gilmore. It would be really disappointing if he didn’t get it as this point. Deserves the win.

Don’t mind Lamar getting MVP but cant stand the idea of Harbaugh getting coach of the year. :mad:

Richard Sherman applauds Stephon Gilmore, endorses him for DPOY

Sherman makes some very salient points about DPOY. He brings up the point that DPOY should be like MVP and typically go to one of the best players in the best defense, who would not necessarily fill out the stat sheet. More often it goes to some guy with huge stats on a middle ranked or even low ranked defense. He’s making a case for Gilmore here btw. It makes sense. I’ve been very critical of this award in past years and believe defensive backs are the most important players in this era, while pass rushers usually win the award but don’t do much for the bottom line on an defensive unit.

Don’t mind Lamar getting MVP but cant stand the idea of Harbaugh getting coach of the year. :mad:
Shanahan?

Shanahan?

He definitely deserves it because his football team was incredibly well coached in every phase. But it will go to Roman Harbaugh.

Looks like Seymour’s wait will continue.

Sherman makes some very salient points about DPOY. He brings up the point that DPOY should be like MVP and typically go to one of the best players in the best defense, who would not necessarily fill out the stat sheet. More often it goes to some guy with huge stats on a middle ranked or even low ranked defense. He’s making a case for Gilmore here btw. It makes sense. I’ve been very critical of this award in past years and believe defensive backs are the most important players in this era, while pass rushers usually win the award but don’t do much for the bottom line on an defensive unit.
Sherman.

Used to dislike him, but lately can't help but like the man. Gilmore definitely deserves DPOY.

I think Sherman is talking up the position of CB more than Gilmore specifically. He’s right though.

Atwater in over LeRoy Butler

Tony Boselli not voted in. Heh.

Now induct Seymour into the Pats HOF.

Shaking Brady's hand after enduring one of the worst SB defeats imaginable made me feel differently about Sherman. Up until that point I never thought he would be the type of player to do that.

John Lynch not voted in. Not really a surprise with Atwater in and Polamalu almost a lock.

Edgerrin James in. Was never a first ballot guy but figured he would eventually.

He won’t have to wait long.

Edgerrin James in. Was never a first ballot guy but figured he would eventually.

Edgerrin James over Richard Seymour? lolololol

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference