PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL has suspended Josh Gordon indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will we ever find out when he tested positive? Whether it was while he was here or in Seattle?

Same week as last year. Thanksgiving partying?

I Wish Josh Gordon well with his struggles of substance abuse. Hopefully one day he will wake up and realize that drugs just aren’t worth it.

The devil came back and reclaimed another soul after Josh snuck away for awhile on a recovery path - sad to see so many people are so weak out there including big name people like Josh

You think addiction makes someone weak?

Assuming I am reading that correctly, yikes.

Adderall counts as a substance of abuse in the offseason and a PED during the season, even if it was being used as a party drug during the season.

That would be my best guess for the failed PED test here.
That got me thinking, how do players that have psychological conditions receive treatment since I would assume psychotropic and other drugs are banned. There is a medical condition for using Adderall (ADHD, etc.). Football players are no different than the rest of the population and a % probably suffer from depression, anxiety disorders, etc.

Sad. I wish him well.

That got me thinking, how do players that have psychological conditions receive treatment since I would assume psychotropic and other drugs are banned. There is a medical condition for using Adderall (ADHD, etc.). Football players are no different than the rest of the population and a % probably suffer from depression, anxiety disorders, etc.

I would guess it is like any pre-employment/employment drug screen.

If you have an Rx from a doc for something that shows up in your piss, you're good to go. If you don't have an Rx for something that shows up, then you are in trouble.

When I got tested by my current client I was on an Rx that has active compounds similar to Amphetamines. I asked the person administering the test if that was an issue.

"If we have any questions, we'll call you". They never did.

I hope he conquers his demons... but to all those castigating Belichick for not keeping him...

source.gif

This. I’m here for all of the mea culpas and apologies to BB. Who is first?

I wish him well with his struggles ...
His problems are deeper than substance abuse and perhaps
away from football he can conquer those issues and the ones that medicate them.

Wonder if we will get the bleeding heart defense on this board like we saw last year when he did this.
Or the hot takes from Breer et al: “Look, the Seahawks knew what they were getting ...”

Or the hot takes from Breer et al: “Look, the Seahawks knew what they were getting ...”
Not exactly a hot take. I’m sure the Seahawks knew this was a possibility.

Best Wishes Josh. Get your life right with help you need. God Speed.

From a football standpoint, I'm glad he was cut. If we were relying on him right now, we would be in a world of trouble.

Too early is better than too late. Belichick knows. One of these days I won't question him on stuff like this.
What I recall was folks asking he be kept until Harry had time to develop, which would have been about now anyway!

There’s so many players/coaches/people that have tried to help him. He was one of the most electrifying WR’s I’ve ever seen his first few years. That’s why he got so many chances. I wouldn’t be surprised if they did a 30 for 30 on him for what could have been.

I’m still happy we gave him a ring, the chapter of his NFL career has likely come to an end.

Not exactly a hot take. I’m sure the Seahawks knew this was a possibility.
Um, yeah. Safe to assume the phrase “hot take” when mentioned here is generally mentioned facetiously. Use of the phrase implies senseless bluster. For example, when Gordon was suspended last Breer’s hot take was “the Patriots knew what they were getting.” It made no more sense then than it would be if it was said about the ‘Hawks today. Yet somehow it was repeated often.

I was nervously waiting for this type of news ever since we let him go....so very sad. So young, so gifted, but that cycle of abuse that started when he was a kid is something that takes a somewhat superhuman change/effort to stop. Best wishes to you Flash..I sincerely hope you find the support & help you need.:(

He will always be a what if.. Dam shame,

This is why I never wanted him in the first place. This isn't even sad, it was expected at this point. I honestly believe his life will be just fine. He is a functional addict that has made a decent amount of money and will eventually fall into a job that doesn't require drug tests. Being out of the nfl is nothing new for him. I think he has spent more time suspended than actually in the league so he'll figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes