PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL FA signing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've read on Twitter:

Marty B getting interest from Oakland
Hightower getting interest from Tennessee and us.
Blount still may be back.
Logan Ryan interest from Tennessee and Pittsburgh.

Surprised Bennett is interested in being in Oakland. Must be a decent chunk of money they are offering over the Giants.

RE: Tenn and Hightower.. Supposedly they are balking at paying him more than $10M/yr..

Surprised Bennett is interested in being in Oakland. Must be a decent chunk of money they are offering over the Giants.

Bennett already had a stint with the Giants and shot his way out of town. That's how he ended up on the Bears. Not sure why people keep thinking that the Giants would want him back..

Dolphins also showing interest in Hightower.

Bennett already had a stint with the Giants and shot his way out of town. That's how he ended up on the Bears. Not sure why people keep thinking that the Giants would want him back..

Because if you had listened to Quick Slants you'd know that he loved his time there on a cultural level. He told Curran that Mara would sometimes leave tickets for the Met or the Opera behind for him. He seems to be a sucker for that.

Also -- again according to Curran -- his Imagination Agency side gig really benefits from being in a big market.

Dolphins also showing interest in Hightower.

Often a smart move to strengthen yourself while weakening a division rival.
But when you have NO CHANCE to win the AFCE, maybe not.

That's not what happened. He revived his career there and left for more money. Only difference between his stints there and here is a ring.

Because if you had listened to Quick Slants you'd know that he loved his time there on a cultural level. He told Curran that Mara would sometimes leave tickets for the Met or the Opera behind for him. He seems to be a sucker for that.

Also -- again according to Curran -- his Imagination Agency side gig really benefits from being in a big market.

Don't need to listen to "Quick Slants" because it doesn't matter if Bennett loved his time there on a "cultural level". Bennett shot his way out of town.

As much as I like Curran, he seems to not understand that Bennett doesn't have to be in the "Big Market" for the Imagination Agency to be in the "Big Market". Bennett could be in Philly, Washington, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincy, or Baltimore and still be within an hour flight of NYC and still do what's needed.

Also, The Giants have huge needs on their O-line and not a ton of cap space (11M).. I'd be extremely surprised to see them use 50% or more of it on Bennett..

Any idea how much they gonna pay harmon? They only have about 34 million left. Also you have to take into account the money for the draft picks

Lot of $ for an average guard there Elway

That's not what happened. He revived his career there and left for more money. Only difference between his stints there and here is a ring.

Not sure you can say he "revived" his career since he really didn't have one. And the Giants chose not to offer him a contract.. So, him leaving was a foregone conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes