PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL concussion policy and the Emmanuel Sanders tackle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheelssps

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Just a question for people here - was anyone else surprised to see Emmanuel Sanders continue playing in the Denver game after his tackle of Ninkovich during the interception?

Based on the way he got up and stumbled to the sidelines, I'm not sure he knew his own name. I realize that I'm assuming a lot from afar and am not a doctor, but it was obvious enough that had it been a Patriot that had been thrust right back into the game, I can only imagine that there would be scrutiny.

I'm glad that he played from the perspective that the Pats faced Denver's best and beat their beat, thus not creating an excuse, but I'm still surprised that this was pretty ignored during and after the game.

Yeah, that was a bit of a surprise to me as well. Thought we might see a late diagnosis a day or two later but guess it must have been something else.

I thought that was a rib injury, not a concussion or hit to the head.

I figured the stumbling was from having the wind knocked out of his lungs, or from difficulty inhaling due to the sore ribs.

he certainly had one helluva miraculous recovery....:cool:

If you watch the replay, Sanders head never gets hit. Ninkovich landed on his ribs. He clearly had the wind knocked out of him and tried to get back to the sidelines being all macho. It didn't work out too well.

If you watch the replay, Sanders head never gets hit. Ninkovich landed on his ribs. He clearly had the wind knocked out of him and tried to get back to the sidelines being all macho. It didn't work out too well.

Gotcha. That makes more sense. I don't have any way to watch the replay, so wasn't sure. Thanks.

I thought that was a rib injury, not a concussion or hit to the head.

I figured the stumbling was from having the wind knocked out of his lungs, or from difficulty inhaling due to the sore ribs.

Correct; he took the brunt of Ninko's weight on his left ribcage, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes