Not open for further replies.

tasmlab

Starting QB, won 20 SBs, number is retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Of the 70 best players listed so far, not a single Patriot:

NFL Network Shows | NFL.com

IIRC, last year JE, High and McCourty were somewhere in the mix. I can see why JE and High missed out this year.

Brady and Gronk will be top 10 I'm guessing, with Brady a likely #1. In your opinion, should any other Patriots make the list?

I don't know the methodology of the list, so it's certainly opinion/subjective/popularity. Intuitively, I would think one of the best teams in the league would have some top players. But that's not BB's game by reputation.

Let them sneak up on people

I see why. Other than Brady and Gronk, who would make it?

D-MAC and Gilmore had a shot, but both were part of a secondary that was atrocious at times last year. And Hightower and Jules both faced season ending injuries, which plummets stock on the list. (Look at how far Odell dropped)

The list is a sham, but in this case for this year I get why we haven’t had anyone.

Voted on by players. Brady was the first player to get #1 a second time last year and has a legit shot winning back2back. Gronk probably ends up in the 8-19 range.

Regards,
Chris

Where should Shaq Mason be on the overall NFL players list?
I love Mason, but very few guards are good enough to warrant it IMO.

Well, no one remotely susceptible to recency bias would think of voting for a Patriots defender.
Think the voting is done in January normally.

Even so, I’m sure no Chiefs or Panthers offensive players were giving our guys votes.

There are already 8 safeties on the list, and McCourty (much like he is gamedays) is nowhere to be found.

Edelman and Hightower would be on it if they were healthy.

Honestly aside from Brady (1-3) and Gronk (@10), the Pats have no one else that should even smell this list.

Garrapollo is 90th, and Talib is 53rd, Chandler Jones has yet to be announced which means he is in the top 30. Would have been nice to have him around the last few years instead of the ham sandwich they got in trading him away.

Their "problem" is that they spread the love on offense.

Dion Lewis and Rex Burkehead both would have been top 100 IF they were featured all year, but they (along with James White) took reps away from each other and took themselves out of the running.

Same with our wideouts, Cooks/Hogan/Amendola all were good but wouldn't warrant top 100.

As others noted, the defense had enough bad games on national TV to give a bad taste to any voters. But yes, if anyone perhaps McCourty should have been up there.

I'm not going to sweat it.

There are already 8 safeties on the list, and McCourty (much like he is gamedays) is nowhere to be found.

Edelman and Hightower would be on it if they were healthy.

Honestly aside from Brady (1-3) and Gronk (@10), the Pats have no one else that should even smell this list.

Garrapollo is 90th, and Talib is 53rd, Chandler Jones has yet to be announced which means he is in the top 30. Would have been nice to have him around the last few years instead of the ham sandwich they got in trading him away.

Which players (that's multiple) should we have not signed/re-signed to keep Chandler "Playoffs" Jones?

Think the voting is done in January normally.

Even so, I’m sure no Chiefs or Panthers offensive players were giving our guys votes...
...or Texans...or Dolphins...or Stealers.

While he's not a Patriot anymore, Dion Lewis should have made this list. He was one of the best RBs in the NFL over the second half of last season.

Which players (that's multiple) should we have not signed/re-signed to keep Chandler "Playoffs" Jones?

That's easy: McCourty! and his 9 mil a year! plus anyone else not named Hightower or Gilmore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe