PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL changing rules that affect competition in the middle of a season... again...

NovaScotiaPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
So for all the players in the past who didn't get to play because it was 10 days instead of 5 and teams that didn't have those players this is a slap in the face. The Colts, Chargers and any other teams in the next 2 weeks have an advantage because of this horse poopy.

And in case you're wondering why the title says "again"

not surprising, same league the changed possession TD rules that were supposed to be in effect for the next season in the playoffs without telling any teams and of course it hurt the Pats so nothing was made of it.

I don't have a problem with this. The CDC changed the guidelines. So the NFL responded. If it was Mac Jones out, we would be doing cartwheels that he would be able to come back before the game Sunday based on the new rules. The Pats benefited on Sunday because Bourne got off the COVID list before the game based on the rules change two weeks ago.

I am glad they are getting looser on the COVID restrictions and rules going into the playoffs. It would suck if a team lost a playoff game because key players were out of the game due to COVID.

If it was a regular rules change, then I would have a problem. But COVID is a fluid, unique thing.

I don't have a problem with this. The CDC changed the guidelines. So the NFL responded. If it was Mac Jones out, we would be doing cartwheels that he would be able to come back before the game Sunday based on the new rules. The Pats benefited on Sunday because Bourne got off the COVID list before the game based on the rules change two weeks ago.

I am glad they are getting looser on the COVID restrictions and rules going into the playoffs. It would suck if a team lost a playoff game because key players were out of the game due to COVID.

If it was a regular rules change, then I would have a problem. But COVID is a fluid, unique thing.
My argument has nothing to do with COVID. It has everything to do with the rules being changed in the middle of the season, and said rules have a competition affect.

Rodgers, love him or hate him (I'm in the hate him camp) couldn't play vs the Chiefs because he tested positive and had to sit out 10 days. The Packers lost that game. Now Wentz could come back in time to play this weekend and the Colts avoid starting some guy I don't even think THEY'VE heard of which obviously greatly improves their chance of winning. How is that fair to the Packers? The only answer is it's not.

I get it, but I think we all know that the NFL would do zero quarantines if they could get away with it. This simply has to do with complying with the absolute minimum they can and nothing more.

My argument has nothing to do with COVID. It has everything to do with the rules being changed in the middle of the season, and said rules have a competition affect.

Rodgers, love him or hate him (I'm in the hate him camp) couldn't play vs the Chiefs because he tested positive and had to sit out 10 days. The Packers lost that game. Now Wentz could come back in time to play this weekend and the Colts avoid starting some guy I don't even think THEY'VE heard of which obviously greatly improves their chance of winning. How is that fair to the Packers? The only answer is it's not.

This is a unique situation, And the CDC the guidelines. The original rules were based on the CDC guidelines.

Ideally what they should have done with two weeks left is keep the same rules for the regular season and change them in the playoffs, but the problem is if they didn't change the rules two weeks ago due to the uptick in cases, there would have been teams with a dozen starters out for a game.

Over 4% of the entire NFL roster is testing positive each day. If they want to have actual games they needed to relax their rules.
Nothing to do with favoring one team or another.

The only guiding principal NFL has is making more money for the owners.

If you think fairness trumps profit, you are wrong.

If you think justice trumps profit, you are wrong.

This was the right call so I don't have a problem with it. Sucks for teams that this could of helped but hey, life sucks, wear a helmet.

Any step toward scrapping the dumb ass protocols is fine with me.

The more I'm exposed to humanity the more misanthropic I become...

Can someone lock this thread please?

oh my god it's the end of civilization as we know it!
The Big Bang Theory Reaction GIF

...Or not.

nothing new here....nffl moved games to placate gamblers recently....

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back