PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Next year's roster (2006)...who stays, who goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua4Ever04 said:
Doesnt really matter because the Fins will win the East anyway

I belkieve that they will, too. The century is young yet and someday in the future of thie 21st century the Phins may well win the AFCE again.

Anybody here alive the last time the Phins won a SB?

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Doesnt really matter because the Fins will win the East anyway

Ya know that vote the top trolls stupid things said thread...i think we have a nominee... :D

PatsSaintsSox said:
Ya know that vote the top trolls stupid things said thread...i think we have a nominee... :D

Ill just come back next year this time when the Fins are AFCE champs and laugh at every single one of you guys. GOSH DANG I HATE THE PATS! you guys are almost as bad as the Bills and Jets

What happened to the prime picks

dryheat44 said:
1. QB Tom Brady
2. QB Damon Huard - 2005 Team, Kansas City Chiefs
3. QB Matt Cassell
4. RB Corey Dillon
5. RB Kevin Faulk
6. RB Patrick Pass
7. RB Jonathan Wells - 2005 Team, Houston Texans
8. RB Joseph Addai - 2005 Team, Louisiana State
9. TE Daniel Graham
10. TE Benjamin Watson
11. TE Clark Harris - 2005 Team, Rutgers
12. WR Deion Branch
13. WR David Givens
14. WR Troy Brown
15. WR Bethel Johnson
16. WR Andre Davis
17. WR Mike Hass - 2005 Team, Oregon State
18. OL Dan Koppen
19. OL Matt Light
20. OL Nick Kaczur
21. OL Logan Mankins
22. OL Ross Hochstein
23. OL Wesley Britt
24. OL Steve Neal
25. OL Mark LeVoir - 2005 Team, Notre Dame
26. OL Lonie Paxton
27. K Adam Vinatieri
28. P Josh Miller
29. DL Richard Seymour
30. DL Vince Wilfork
31. DL Jarvis Green
32. DL Ty Warren
33. DL Marquise Hill
34. DL Mike Wright
35. LB Willie McGinest
36. LB Mike Vrabel
37. LB Rosevelt Colvin
38. LB Tedy Bruschi
39. LB Ryan Claridge
40. LB Monte Beisel
41. LB Tully Banta Cain
42. LB Tim Robbins - 2005 Team, Iowa State
43. LB Andra Davis - 2005 Team, Cleveland Browns
44. CB Asante Samuel
45. CB Randall Gay
46. CB Duane Starks
47. CB Ellis Hobbs
48. CB Jerry Azumah - 2005 Team, Chicago Bears
49. S Eugene Wilson
50. S Artrell Hawkins
51. S James Sanders
52. S Guss Scott
53. S Lance Shulters - 2005 Team, Miami Dolphins

I like the FAs. They are all good selections, although Aundra is in RAC long term plans. I don't think we'd get him even by trade.

There is only one critique that I'd make. What have you done with all the Patriots first day draft picks? Did you trade themn for 2007 picks? Not a single one of your draftees would be picked before the mid fourth round, IMHO, with the possible exception of Addai, and that's where I'd choose him in an ordinary RB year, which this is not; it's very poor so he could go higher.

I don't think that BB/SP will not use any high picks but I'm open to your thinking. Please explain.

Dryheat44 Roster

You had some interesting draft picks on your roster. You didn't indicate which round they will be drafted in, but after looking at the list, I guess you have us trading our 1st, because you didn't have anybody worthy of a 1st on your list.

I like Addia at RB. He has some speed, vision and doesn't leave the rock on the turf that much. Blocking needs improvement as well as receiving.

Clark Harris at TE, I really like that choice. I think he's a junior. But he can also Long Snap.(will we still need Paxson?) He has size, decent speed and good hands. His blocking is OK, maybe needs some technique improvement. This guy would be a great choice if he declares. (PS: The Rutgers FB, I forgot his name, is also a great fit the for Pats. He blocks and catches really well.)

Hass at WR. Not sure if he has the speed to separate at the pro level, but he had a great college career. He is definately one of those self made millionaires types that BB loves.

Robbins is another good solid choice. He'll need a red shirt year like Claridge had, but he could be special in our defense. I wish he were an inch or two taller, 20 lbs. heavier and a little bit more instictive.

LeVoir I'm not quite as high on as you. I was looking more at Justice from West Virginia or Whitworth from LSU. They are long and mobile, but they lack the pop at the snap of the ball that Levoir has.

As a free agent, you listed Shulters. I wouldn't touch that guy with a ten foot poll. He's clearly fading.

Overall not a bad roster.

Arizona Patsfan said:
I like the FAs. They are all good selections, although Aundra is in RAC long term plans. I don't think we'd get him even by trade.

There is only one critique that I'd make. What have you done with all the Patriots first day draft picks? Did you trade themn for 2007 picks? Not a single one of your draftees would be picked before the mid fourth round, IMHO, with the possible exception of Addai, and that's where I'd choose him in an ordinary RB year, which this is not; it's very poor so he could go higher.

I don't think that BB/SP will not use any high picks but I'm open to your thinking. Please explain.

In a shocking development, the Patriots draft a WR first, taking Hass in the first or early second after trading back. I like Hass' size and talent, and the system he's been in has produced some very good WRs, including the two Bengals WRs.

Ochmed Jones said:
You had some interesting draft picks on your roster. You didn't indicate which round they will be drafted in, but after looking at the list, I guess you have us trading our 1st, because you didn't have anybody worthy of a 1st on your list.

I like Addia at RB. He has some speed, vision and doesn't leave the rock on the turf that much. Blocking needs improvement as well as receiving.

Clark Harris at TE, I really like that choice. I think he's a junior. But he can also Long Snap.(will we still need Paxson?) He has size, decent speed and good hands. His blocking is OK, maybe needs some technique improvement. This guy would be a great choice if he declares. (PS: The Rutgers FB, I forgot his name, is also a great fit the for Pats. He blocks and catches really well.)

Hass at WR. Not sure if he has the speed to separate at the pro level, but he had a great college career. He is definately one of those self made millionaires types that BB loves.

Robbins is another good solid choice. He'll need a red shirt year like Claridge had, but he could be special in our defense. I wish he were an inch or two taller, 20 lbs. heavier and a little bit more instictive.

LeVoir I'm not quite as high on as you. I was looking more at Justice from West Virginia or Whitworth from LSU. They are long and mobile, but they lack the pop at the snap of the ball that Levoir has.

As a free agent, you listed Shulters. I wouldn't touch that guy with a ten foot poll. He's clearly fading.

Overall not a bad roster.

Thanks for the feedback.

I haven't attempted a mock yet. I like Whitworth a lot. I wanted him last year before he decided to stay in school. As mentioned above, I think Hass is a late-first/early-second value. The other guys I just imagined would be available with some mid-round picks at spots of need.

I've got Shulters as a depth DB. In all probability, he'll probably go somewhere where he has a better chance to start. But if he wants to play for a winner before retiring, he'd be good to have as a #7-9 DB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back