New Sevenland

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
This is for everybody who got sick of Pixburg deciding they're "Sixburgh" because after a monster run in the 70s, they scraped by with two more in the 2000ies with lots of time between the runs, and wanted to therefore be the dominant dynasty on the NFL landscape.

So, five so far.

For all we know it ends here, with indisputably the single greatest run of continuous dominance in NFL history. But yeah, two more would be nice. Hell, one more would be nice.

But somehow "New Sevenland" sounds better than "New Sixland."

Fuggin Stillers fans.

Doesnt matter how far between runs. Yes are continuous run is better, but they have more superbowls. its two different arguments. Hopefully after this year its tied

Super Bowl 40 counts?

I think if a ref admits he was blatantly biased, they should consider removing it from the record books. There really couldn't be a more unfair advantage.

How else do you win when your QB has a rating of about 20 and your team is thoroughly outplayed all around?

This is for everybody who got sick of Pixburg deciding they're "Sixburgh" because after a monster run in the 70s, they scraped by with two more in the 2000ies with lots of time between the runs, and wanted to therefore be the dominant dynasty on the NFL landscape.

So, five so far.

For all we know it ends here, with indisputably the single greatest run of continuous dominance in NFL history. But yeah, two more would be nice. Hell, one more would be nice.

But somehow "New Sevenland" sounds better than "New Sixland."

Fuggin Stillers fans.
"Sixburgh" has a nice permanence to it, like they'll never win again. I can live with that.

As for us, well, it's hard for me to see us with less than eight when BB/TB is all over...so let's shoot for "New Eightland".

Until we win the ninth.:)

Ugh.........Can we get our 6th first before we talk about our 7th?

We can but it's the off season, Biff.

Good to have you with us. Lemme tell ya a story.

End of the SB in early 2002. I'm thinking okay here we go, Rams are back in it, I knew it I knew it blah blah blah. Then we're tied somehow at the end. Then I'm thinking we're going to OT then the Rams'll win it. I knew it I knew it. Then, you know, then watching Adam V line that kick up and thinking OMG we can win it and you know what I let myself think?

We could win it, and that would be the best moment of about 35 years of NE fandom, and then I dared to think... what if WE become the dynasty, win another 1, win another 2... suddenly go from recent suckage to championship contention every year.

Nahhhhhhh couldn't happen.

So yah fine, if you want, just go with the first admission in my post. We all know that last year could be it. It could not be it too.

So screw you, I want New Sevenland. I'll see it, "Sixburgh" style, before I die, most likely. In other words, outside of continuity with this group.

Or we can do it now.

I want now, thank you very much, as much as that's being a spoiled rotten Pats fan.

You don't get bonus points for keeping hope dead. Luckily for us both, I'm not the guy who'll be out on the field "getting ahead of himself."

Super Bowl 40 counts?

I think if a ref admits he was blatantly biased, they should consider removing it from the record books. There really couldn't be a more unfair advantage.

How else do you win when your QB has a rating of about 20 and your team is thoroughly outplayed all around?
If we're going to start awarding Super Bowls to the real deserving teams, you must begin by awarding Super Bowl XI to the New England Patriots.

What happened to the Seahawks was unfair, but nothing including it can ever compare to 1976. And I've seen a ton of whoppers over the years (Denkinger, 1985 World Series, for example: an honest blown call, not an entire game filled with an avalanche of one-sided calls culminating in two giant ones...the Francis being held was as bad as the phantom roughing the passer)

Super Bowl 40 counts?

I don't think he admitted bias. He admitted he made bad calls

We could win it, and that would be the best moment of about 35 years of NE fandom, and then I dared to think... what if WE become the dynasty, win another 1, win another 2... suddenly go from recent suckage to championship contention every year.
It was quite clear to me, that Tom Brady had the attitude - and the ability - to drive for success every year. As a fan, the only question marks were his shoulder, which did hurt...and his personal life. Hiring Belichick was perhaps the most brilliant thing Kraft ever did...although, you know, Bill wanted to be here.

Belichick's staff was simply too loaded with quality - and Brady was too loaded with determination - for the team to drop off. And, the Pats remained humble. I don't remember the Patriots ever being full of themselves. That helps a lot. Makes them rootable, too. And likeable.

It was quite clear to me, that Tom Brady had the attitude - and the ability - to drive for success every year. As a fan, the only question marks were his shoulder, which did hurt...and his personal life. Hiring Belichick was perhaps the most brilliant thing Kraft ever did...although, you know, Bill wanted to be here.

Belichick's staff was simply too loaded with quality - and Brady was too loaded with determination - for the team to drop off. And, the Pats remained humble. I don't remember the Patriots ever being full of themselves. That helps a lot. Makes them rootable, too. And likeable.

Imagine what could have been without that perennial shoulder injury...

Yeah New Eightland has a ring to it too. Maybe we should call outselves Nextington and Concord
New England Peightriots.

Let's get him out of retirement after we let Jimmy G. go, and we can be the

New England Peytriots.

Awwwwwwwww, come on now, stop cringing, it's just an idea...

"What does the Fox-boro say?"

"Nine nine nine nine nine nine nine nine nine"

"Sweet Dreams are made of these"

"Seven Lombardi's and MVP's"

"Oooohhhh ohhh oohhhh oohhhhhhhh"

I can't wait for the ****posts that come in that dark phase after the draft when there really is nothing to talk about for about 8 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back