PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New QB thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that’s why they taped the Bengals. Getting a close look at their new QB Andy Dalton ahead of time :D

Wonder if the Niners would trade Nick Mullens, and at what price.

I hope they roll with the kid. It's a tough schedule lets see what he can do the options out there aren't going to produce enough wins to win the division unless Allen decides to throw 20 + ints.

Wonder if the Niners would trade Nick Mullens, and at what price.

I see no reason to think Mullens would be any upgrade on Stidham. At least the team can project Stidham at this point after working with him for about a year. Throwing out any "real" compensation on someone who ended up with Hoyer-esque numbers in 2018 would be pretty desperate.

That being said bring in any QB that can be had on the real cheap so they can be evaluated until 1-2 weeks into camp.

Is this real? I'd cut that guy over his attempts to replicate the Brady meme alone. How about you finish a game without throwing a pick-6 before you start with that nonsense.

He needs to work on his pick-6 timing.

Issue with Stidham is going to be his composure. If this board is any indication, the stadium will be half filled with boo-birds hoping to let loose.

I see no reason to think Mullens would be any upgrade on Stidham. At least the team can project Stidham at this point after working with him for about a year. Throwing out any "real" compensation on someone who ended up with Hoyer-esque numbers in 2018 would be pretty desperate.

That being said bring in any QB that can be had on the real cheap so they can be evaluated until 1-2 weeks into camp.
Yeah, I don't think he'd light the world on fire but he has starting experience. My thought process is that he's cheap and could be camp competition and maybe you find you've got a decent player. SF would probably ask too much, though.

After 2 decades of BB finding players from practice squads and off the street, and making competent players out of them... You're just going instantly dismiss a new pool of possible talent?

I watched the XFL & there were no Jim Kelly’s in the league.

Let me know when Belichick signs a XFL
QB, but please don’t hold your breath.

Someone said we were talking about Hill
I wouldn’t Hate a Foles trade

Not before he signs his tender; I highly doubt the Pats are going to spend a first-rounder to sign a 30-year-old QB who has two more completed passes than Julian Edelman.

If you guys don't like religious types, you're really going to love Stidham lol...

I don't particularly care about people's religious beliefs, as long as they're trying to force me to live by their strictures.

I'm fine with any outcome that keeps Hoyer on the Colts roster.

I watched the XFL & there were no Jim Kelly’s in the league.

Let me know when Belichick signs a XFL
QB, but please don’t hold your breath.

How many SBs did Jim Kelly win? Oh yeah, Zero.
But I will give you that he did lead the best comeback in playoff history....oh wait that was Frank Reich.

We don't need Jim Kelly, we need a winner.

If we’re tanking for Lawrence (which I highly doubt) start Stidham for 16 games.

If you’re trying to compete, trade for newton. Draft hurts in the 3rd round. Let stidham and newton battle in camp.

Not overly fond of these "safe," low-ceiling options like Bridgewater (who looks like he's gone regardless) or Brissett. (And anyway, I guess Kessler already checks that box.) Would rather just give it a whirl with Stidham.

I personally find outside-the-box ideas, say Cam+McDaniels, more intriguing.

Brissett is a much better option than Bridgewater would have been. Brissett already has been in the system and has has some success with it. He also knows White, Edelman and most of the O-line. He'd have an easier time coming in.

And that is, of course, if he was cut by the Colts, which is likely since I don't see them carrying $46M in cap space for their QBs.

How many SBs did Jim Kelly win? Oh yeah, Zero.
But I will give you that he did lead the best comeback in playoff history....oh wait that was Frank Reich.

We don't need Jim Kelly, we need a winner.

Lol....

Let me know when you find a better Quarterback in the XFL than Jim Kelly.

Issue with Stidham is going to be his composure. If this board is any indication, the stadium will be half filled with boo-birds hoping to let loose.
Welp it wont be bridgewater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes