PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Enlgand's next head coach..... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid~Brady

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
With all of the Josh McDaniels talk about him possibly leaving for Cleveland it got me thinking. I know its early (too early) but this continous talk got me thinking about it. Have we considered that maybe Belichick and the Patriots organization has plans to keep him around for the next head coaching job? I've always had it in my mind that BB most likely retires when Brady does, even if thats another 3-4 years. Who better to run this team? He's already familiar with the way the business is done and gas a relationship with Kraft and the family, seems right to me.

If McDaniels goes to Cleveland, of course it opens up more things for him as far as salary and another opportunity to run his own team but is he ready for this? Cleveland is a bad team and has been for awhile. Alot of coaches have gone in there and tried to turn it around, even Belichick. (I know it was 95' but still.) Going to Cleveland and failing misreably could possibly hurt his chances for another job. Of course, if he did go there and turn the team around then more power to him but its easier said then done.

Anyone else pondered this before?

Last edited:
My mind and psyche have very good built-in devices that keep me from thinking about death, the size of the universe, and the Patriots after Bill Belichick. Keeps me (relatively) sane.

Last edited:
no one....i don't want to imagine this team without BB and TB....ugh depressing subject...

Thanks to cloning technology our next coach will be Bill Belichick II and after him Bill Belichick III. We're signing his DNA to a 1,000 year contract.

To be honest, and play along, if I were Bob Kraft and looking for a new head coach, I'd give a LOT of thought about either of the Harbaugh brothers.

Both have shown they have what it takes to build and run a good team. If either were to take over the helm at New England, I think that the Patriots would still be a very solid team, and a perennial playoff/superbowl contender for the near future.

1. Sean Payton
2. One of the Harbaugh brothers
3. Chip Kelly

Jimmy Johnson. A smooth wheel and dealer, a motivator and Belichicks good fishing buddy.
Not really. Although an interesting choice.

Probably Nick Saban. Very familiar and one of the branches from the tree.

You would think Cleveland is done picking from the Belichick tree. I wouldnt be surprised if BB's grooming JM to be the next head coach.

Last edited:
Here is the way I see it. Nobody knows. Depends who is available when BB finally decides to go. I like to think it is around 5 or more years away but who knows. As to Josh I think if he gets a chance he would be foolish not to jump at it because you never know what could happen. But I also feel he was likely told that if he was still around when that time came that he would be considered but no one would promise anything like that as it would be foolish.

I wonder what a guy like Pepper might be able to do he seems so always motivate his guys well and as been around learning forever. He got passed by Patricia for DC but I think Pepper might be more of a motivator and Patricia more of an Xs and Os guy (not to knock either for the other though). One also has to wonder about Patricia to he has been BBs boy wonder on D obviously not as successful as Josh as an OC but Patricia doesnt have TOM.

Not sure who else is the pipeline to consider and from there Kraft would have togo outside the orginization and that depends on who is out there.

I think the moment BB retires is the real appocalypse the Mayans were referring to but they were just off by a few years.

With all of the Josh McDaniels talk about him possibly leaving for Cleveland it got me thinking. I know its early (too early) but this continous talk got me thinking about it. Have we considered that maybe Belichick and the Patriots organization has plans to keep him around for the next head coaching job? I've always had it in my mind that BB most likely retires when Brady does, even if thats another 3-4 years. Who better to run this team? He's already familiar with the way the business is done and gas a relationship with Kraft and the family, seems right to me.

If McDaniels goes to Cleveland, of course it opens up more things for him as far as salary and another opportunity to run his own team but is he ready for this? Cleveland is a bad team and has been for awhile. Alot of coaches have gone in there and tried to turn it around, even Belichick. (I know it was 95' but still.) Going to Cleveland and failing misreably could possibly hurt his chances for another job. Of course, if he did go there and turn the team around then more power to him but its easier said then done.

Anyone else pondered this before?

I'm not at all convinced McDaniels is the right person for the job here (in the future) or even in Cleveland now. Being a successful coordinator doesn't make you a successful head coach. McDaniels hasn't had success outside of the Patriots system.

I think Belichick (60 years old now) will coach 6-10 years, possibly even a few more. I just think coaching is all he wants to do. I don't think his successor is even on the radar yet, too many variables.

Tony Dungy of course....

j/k..lol, Anyone have a preference offensive or defensive minded? I agree with the harbough jerks and Payton as top of the list options.

I'm with Banana Republic on this one.

steve-belichick-card.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes