New England vs Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Th3Birdman

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Alright ladies and gents: it's here.

The AFC Championship game.

The game we're always in, in a year where it is ours to lose. The mediots are ALL pulling for the Steelers. Not predicting they'd win-- literally rooting for them to win. Or rather for us to lose. That's right. Once again, the Pats are a game away from the big one and everyone wants to see us fail. They want to see Tom Brady sitting on the turf, helmet drooped, hands clasped in his lap.

They'd rather see a man who was accused of a heinous crime, a wide receiver with poor locker room etiquette and a mediocre coach (with a tripping game that would make Duke's Grayson Allen blush) win.

I love my country, but we praise mediocrity and denigrate success; quite literally, we hate those that are better than us and would rather tear them down than try to be like them, or better.

This is New England vs Everyone.

New England vs Everyone. Let it sink in, say it three times before you eat your mama's breakfast in the morning: New England vs EVERYONE.

The entire country wants us to fail. And that, my brothers and sisters, is why we will not. Never has a home game felt so foreign. Yet, just like in 2001, we will rise to the occasion, as "underdogs".

But the Patriots need us-- the fans. If you're going to the game, scream until you lose your voice. Make sure the Steelers can't hear their signal callers. If you're at home, make sure they hear you all the way over in Pittsburgh. If you're going to Buffalo Wild Wings, make every Steeler fan regret showing up.

Make them remember the night they played the Tita-- err... wrong movie.

But you get the point. If it's us vs Everyone, make them ****ing feel it. Because our 53 guys can't take on 300+ million AND the Steelers. Not without us.

Let's get this W.

One. More.

(Enjoy the Van Gogh Tom Brady I made)

IMG_0242.JPG

--Birdman

The "NE is overrated because they haven't played anybody" sentiment is running rampant today. If they were looking for bulletin board material, they should have it in abundance.

This defense has to step up today. If they can somehow get some pressure. Stopping bell's a must.

I'll take anything. The Steelers tripping over themselves while the Pats look bad as well is just fine with me as long as NE gets the W.

Just win, IDC about anything else. The media can write whatever headlines they want.

I also just want the win.

I don't care if we win by 1.

What was that Vin Diesel said in the first Fast film?

"Ask any real racer: It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile...

...winning is winning."

A few years from now, I want to see articles and even a book on how unwittingly Hatriots, added a couple of SBs to this dynasty by infuriating this team.

If we win .. it's Atlanta. What are our best matchups and mismatches vs them?

Yo Birdman- you gonna change your handle for the SB? We'll be playing Atlanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes