PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New England Patriots Draft Profile, Kyle Lauletta, QB, Richmond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats will draft a QB this year, without question. Next years' QB draft is abysmal.

Kyle Lauletta official combine measurements
Height: 75.00 inches (6’3”)
Weight: 222 pounds
BMI: 28.42
Arm Length: 30.63 inches
Hand Size: 9.75 inches
Front Shoulder: (N/A) inches
Back Shoulder: (N/A) inches

Jimmy Garoppolo official combine measurements
Height: 74.25 inches (6’2.25”)
Weight: 226 pounds
BMI: 29.52
Arm Length: 31.00 inches
Hand Size: 9.25 inches
Front Shoulder: (N/A) inches
Back Shoulder: (N/A) inches

These are official combine measurements. Your eyes deceive.

I'm talking about what I see on video. Lauletta doesn't have that NFL starting quarterback look. I guarantee you the Pats are not drafting him this year. Not happening.

He's got great pocket presence. Matt Waldman points out that he does what Tony Romo calls "quiet feet" - he's able to use his feet in a small area to generate power to make a throw as a pocket collapses around him while not disrupting his blocking. We know this concept because nobody does it like Tom Brady. His short-area athleticism is good too.

That said, I'm not sure he has the arm talent to be an NFL starter. He's one of those guys where if you could graft Josh Allen's arm onto his body, he'd be the #1 pick overall and the best QB prospect in a long time. He's a mid-round dart throw to me. Arm talent is one thing you can't teach. His ceiling is probably Alex Smith.

Is this the kid who plays Lacrosse and whose dad went to Navy? If so he’s coming here.

Is this the kid who plays Lacrosse and whose dad went to Navy? If so he’s coming here.

Connor Barwin says hi.

I'm talking about what I see on video. Lauletta doesn't have that NFL starting quarterback look. I guarantee you the Pats are not drafting him this year. Not happening.

Ryan Mallett says hi.

History says it's a good bet that the Pats won't draft anyone who is discussed on this board, at least where we think they should be drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes