PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: WR Isaiah Ford "Excited To Get To Work" Following Deadline Trade To Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first heard about the trade (week before the Jets game), after quickly reading about it, I thought what a lot of people thought: "Geez, we got another Jakobi Meyers." With me, though, I was really excited because of what I thought Jakobi was capable of. I believe he'll contribute right away: he mastered the Fired-because-it-was-too-hard-Chad-O'Shea playbook at probably the QB level. In hindsight, it seems like every team wishes they got DK Metcalf, but we just don't know whether or not he'd been able to pick up the playbook and mesh, based on the years of articles and interviews (most recently with Sanu) talking about how ridiculously hard our gigantic choose-your-own-adventure playbook is (if the defender winks 3 times go to page 927 and make sure to do an incut while doing just the hokey, not the pokey). Like everyone, he just needs to stay healthy and obviously get the turnover free version of Seahawks game Cam.

This is what Ryan Fitzpatrick said about Isaiah in Dec 2019 a few weeks before Chad O'Shea was sacked:

"Isaiah has been on the active (roster) and off, on the practice squad and up and down," Fitzpatrick said. "He's worked so hard. He's a guy we have so much faith in as quarterbacks because whenever anybody has a question, sometimes when coaches have questions, we'll go back to Isaiah and say, 'What is this signal? What is this route?' and he knows everything. I was happy to see him get out there and get an opportunity to catch some balls and really take advantage of it and make the most out of it today.​
"There are times when I ask Isaiah questions about the offense, that's how smart the kid is."​

There's a reason why he was let go, but it could be a similar mind boggling reason as to why Jakobi didn't see any time earlier this year. I'm sure the Dolphins are regretting the trade right now, though.

Wait, I just read a meniscus caused him to be out his rookie year... excitement level slightly lower (as someone with a bad meniscus).

Not significant measurables at the combine, but he might fit well like Jacobi. At some point we need a #1 whether Harry can transform into that or we sign a free agent/take a high draft pick.

...our gigantic choose-your-own-adventure playbook [...] (if the defender winks 3 times go to page 927 and make sure to do an incut while doing just the hokey, not the pokey).

:haha: :p :haha:

6'2" and 200 lbs...I like the size

EDIT: holy cow the Ventrone kid has nothing on Ford...

Transactions​

• Transaction, fine, and suspension data since 2015
November 3, 2020: New England Patriots acquired WR Isaiah Ford from the Miami Dolphins for a 2022 sixth-round draft pick.
November 27, 2019: Miami Dolphins activated WR Isaiah Ford from the practice squad.
November 1, 2019: Miami Dolphins added WR Isaiah Ford to the practice squad.
October 31, 2019: Miami Dolphins cut WR Isaiah Ford.
October 30, 2019: Miami Dolphins waived WR Isaiah Ford.
September 25, 2019: Miami Dolphins activated WR Isaiah Ford from the practice squad.
November 28, 2018: Miami Dolphins activated WR Isaiah Ford from the practice squad.
September 2, 2018: Miami Dolphins added WR Isaiah Ford to the practice squad.
September 2, 2018: Miami Dolphins cut WR Isaiah Ford.
September 1, 2018: Miami Dolphins waived WR Isaiah Ford.
August 19, 2017: Miami Dolphins placed WR Isaiah Ford on IR.
August 18, 2017: Miami Dolphins waived WR Isaiah Ford.
May 8, 2017: Miami Dolphins signed WR Isaiah Ford to a four-year, $2.47 million contract.

Last edited:
6'2" and 200 lbs...I like the size

EDIT: holy cow the Ventrone kid has nothing on Ford...

Transactions​

• Transaction, fine, and suspension data since 2015
November 3, 2020: New England Patriots acquired WR Isaiah Ford from the Miami Dolphins for a 2022 sixth-round draft pick.
November 27, 2019: Miami Dolphins activated WR Isaiah Ford from the practice squad.
November 1, 2019: Miami Dolphins added WR Isaiah Ford to the practice squad.
October 31, 2019: Miami Dolphins cut WR Isaiah Ford.
October 30, 2019: Miami Dolphins waived WR Isaiah Ford.
September 25, 2019: Miami Dolphins activated WR Isaiah Ford from the practice squad.
November 28, 2018: Miami Dolphins activated WR Isaiah Ford from the practice squad.
September 2, 2018: Miami Dolphins added WR Isaiah Ford to the practice squad.
September 2, 2018: Miami Dolphins cut WR Isaiah Ford.
September 1, 2018: Miami Dolphins waived WR Isaiah Ford.
August 19, 2017: Miami Dolphins placed WR Isaiah Ford on IR.
August 18, 2017: Miami Dolphins waived WR Isaiah Ford.
May 8, 2017: Miami Dolphins signed WR Isaiah Ford to a four-year, $2.47 million contract.
But as the old saying goes, Ventrone played in a different era, in this case when PSs were smaller...So he has that going for him...which is nice...

I want Ford active instead of Gunner...That experiment needs to continue on practice time, not game time...and Harry isn't providing jack squat as a pass-catcher either, so we still need help whenever we go 3-wide...It is near-literally impossible for Ford to be any worse than those two...

Man, I really like this guy. Just stay healthy! From today's NESN article:

Ford played outside and in the slot with the Dolphins. He’s trying to bring that versatility to the Patriots, as well.

“I think the thing that I’ve always tried to do is be a conceptual learner in terms of learning the entirety of the formation, the entirety of the plays,” Ford said. “You can’t just be slotted into one spot, and I think the more you can do, the better it is as an offense or as an individual. I’ve been learning off of the spots and just trying to go from there.”

-----
A lefty WR who can throw! Check out this throw on the run in college - gotta be around 35-40airyds (starts at 0:26, play is a reverse):

I think the Dolphins tried it once but it wasn't there.

He seems to do a good job of catching the ball in stride and get yards after catch. That’s been my one knock on Meyers is he tends to go backwards his first move and rarely gets any YAC.

-----
A lefty WR who can throw! Check out this throw on the run in college - gotta be around 35-40airyds (starts at 0:26, play is a reverse):

I think the Dolphins tried it once but it wasn't there.

Nice play but did you look at Ford's footwork? :whistle: Cam is not losing any sleep.

He looks very quick - Not a burner but hope he can help
According to combine/pro day testing, Ford is taller, stronger, quicker and faster than Wes Welker. Not that Ford is quick or fast, but that does not mean he is not a NFL player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe