PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots Mock Draft 3.0: Moving Around the Board, SEC Additions

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Couple of things...

I love Wyatt, I really do. He's a Barmore clone, and Barmore is the real deal. The question, however, is that if you flank Godchaux with Barmore and Wyatt, and have a bunch of small LBs, which is where they're going, won't a team like Indy just run over you? Maybe Jordan Davis or Travis Jones is more the type they should be hoping for?

Just a question...I wouldn't be upset with them getting Wyatt.

Metchie doesn't excite me like some of the others, like Skyy Moore...but the Pats certainly have the book on him, since Mac knows him. So if they pick him there, they're doing it with eyes wide open.

Enagbare is a good prospect, sure, but like you said: they don't know what they have in Uche and Perkins (and I'll add Jennings), who were ALL equally good prospects. Do we need another guy we''ll never figure out? One of those three currently on their rookie deals SHOULD be the answer this year.

After that, the only thing I don't see, which I think they need, is a developmental OT.

Don't like the Wyatt pick;

121's too early for Mathis;

No ****ing RBs this year please, thank you... Sign a couple of UDFAs then see where you are at the position this time next year, they're easy enough to replace anyway...

I like the Salyer & especially the Paschal picks, but I doubt either of them will make it that far down as PFN shows... Salyer's linemate at UGA Justin Shaffer should, however;

And if we're taking Metchie at 54 (though his value lies closer to 85), then we don't need somebody like Melton at 231... I'd rather see if somebody like Kevin Austin is still available.

One more thing: if Mathis is good in zone coverage, then great. Not really AS concerned with press coverage skills right now, honestly. If the Pats wanted that, they should have paid JC.

It's another reason I won't be surprised if they go and sign Jason McCourty and not Gilmore. Press cover guys are rare, get toasted in the playoffs often (when the refs allow more grabbing, but the really good ones have alleviated that problem), and cost big $$$$$$$.

One more thing: if Mathis is good in zone coverage, then great. Not really AS concerned with press coverage skills right now, honestly. If the Pats wanted that, they should have paid JC.

It's another reason I won't be surprised if they go and sign Jason McCourty and not Gilmore. Press cover guys are rare, get toasted in the playoffs often (when the refs allow more grabbing, but the really good ones have alleviated that problem), and cost big $$$$$$$.

I wouldn't look to sign JMac any earlier than after the post-draft free agency period, see who else is out there first, preferably as close to TC as possible so the Pats can have a better read on his rehab...

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back