PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots Belichick Explains FG Decision Saturday Night

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Could it also be that he’s just a miserable, rock-headed old fool who has lousy taste in friends?

Yeah, but what did analytics say? :D

Actually, the reasoning is quite sound.

“It would have been, was it 4th-and-goal on the 7? Is that what it would’ve been? I didn’t feel great about converting 4th-and-goal from the 7. Had there been less time and there’s a situation where you would go for it or I would go for it on 4th-and-goal at the 7, absolutely. I didn’t think, in that game situation, that would’ve been the best decision.”

I thought that would’ve passed up three points and that would’ve taken two touchdowns. At the end of the game, especially in the dome, having a chance at a 50-plus yard field goal, I think it’s a lot better chance than scoring a touchdown and having a six-point differential as opposed to a three-point differential, relative to the chances of converting a 4th-and-7.”

“At some point, I definitely would have kept the offense on the field on 4th-and-7 with less time or no timeouts. You can, certainly, take that scenario further, so then you get into the grey area of which one would you do if there’s less time, fewer timeouts, whatever.”

BuT MuH AnaLyTiKz sEz DaT waZ RonG mOv3 cuZ eQuaTion. :rolleyes:

Get that math and analytics nerd stuff out of football. Never belonged in this sport. Stay in baseball.

Going for it would have been stupid. Bill should have just left it at that.

Last edited:
It was the wrong call against Tampa, and the right call against Indy.

The defense hailed to hold up their part of the bargain.

Reactions: sb1
Yeah, but what did analytics say? :D

Actually, the reasoning is quite sound.
I guess saying “I didn’t feel confident about converting from 7 yards out” doesn’t say a lot about the confidence in the offense…..but I get it take the points and hope for better later. Biggest problem is the deep hole they dug by horrible mistakes in first half…..oh well on to Buffalo…..will be another Brutal game….most likely for division

Why is this even a discussion? If the Pats stuffed the Colts on that Taylor run play we're talking about the Patriots getting the ball back with plenty of time to either tie the game or win it outright. Mac's confidence was high....I'm leaning toward a potential Patriot win.

I liked the FG call. And we would have had time if we had made the 4th and 1 stop. Not to mention if Hightower hadn't blown the tackle.

Also rushing HT has been quite useless this year.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back