PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots 2021 Training Camp Primer – Offensive Line

What round would you select a tackle and interior OL in? What other positions do not get picked so we can pick 2 OL? Not including the 6th and 7th rounds, we only have 4 selections I think. Talking about part of the draft without a complete picture can be misleading.
Depending on the Tackles available I'd take one no lower than 2nd Round. A Guard/Center later on (6-7). I'd also like multiple UDFAs at each.
I believe Dline/Online are our weakspots.

Depending on the Tackles available I'd take one no lower than 2nd Round. A Guard/Center later on (6-7).

I don't think we have a 5th rounder (Trent Brown trade). So if we go DL Rd 1, and OT Rd 2, that pushes CB to Rd 3 and WR to Rd 4? So no LB. No FS. Maybe a 7th and UDFAs but we can not expect them to perform Y1.

I don't think we have a 5th rounder (Trent Brown trade). So if we go DL Rd 1, and OT Rd 2, that pushes CB to Rd 3 and WR to Rd 4? So no LB. No FS. Maybe a 7th and UDFAs but we can not expect them to perform Y1.
Unless a world-beater at LB drops I don't want our focus there. We've carried something like 9 LBs. If you want any of them to flourish they need stout MFers in front of them.

Unless a world-beater at LB drops I don't want our focus there. We've carried something like 9 LBs. If you want any of them to flourish they need stout MFers in front of them.

I agree. I agree so much I would swap out the OT in Rd 2 for a CB, and Rd 3 would be a 2nd DL. Watching the 49ers, Bills, and Rams on the DL, I think we need a couple more DL guys.

I agree. I agree so much I would swap out the OT in Rd 2 for a CB, and Rd 3 would be a 2nd DL. Watching the 49ers, Bills, and Rams on the DL, I think we need a couple more DL guys.
I could be happy with that.

Back to this OFFENSIVE LINE

First, we need to re-sign Karras. Personally, I would pay more than most of you. He is a capable starter at two positions. Without Karras, we end up carrying an additional OL, a backup center.

Wynn, Karras, Andrews, Mason, Onwenu is an OK place to start.

The team has made their decision on Wynn for 2022 no matter how many here would get rid of him.

As was the case last year, we have a need for backups, with a starter-capable backup for LT. I'm certainly not sold on no improvement from Cajuste, Herron and Sherman.

We had 6 starting OL's last year. I think that this was a good model.

What about cutting mason moving Onwenu to RG and use the money to resign brown? Just thinking

What about cutting mason moving Onwenu to RG and use the money to resign brown? Just thinking
The only transaction that should happen with Mason this offseason is an extension. He's been their best lineman over the past couple of seasons, and the cap savings from cutting him are minuscule compared to what he brings to the team.

I would also try and extend Mason, I think its time to move Wynn to Guard, however, filling both tackle spots might be too much to ask. I think the Pats will be able to re-sign Brown.

The Draft has some really good Centers in Linderbaum (Iowa) and Lindstrom (BC), however, Andrews is signed through 2024 at very reasonable rates, and I think he is a godsend to a young QB as far as protection calls. So I don't see the Pats drafting either one of them.

Another interesting draft prospect is Vrabel's kid, he is the LT for BC and is a good RT prospect.

Not DL? Not CB? Not WR?
Not suggesting we don’t have other needs but LB and OL is the top in my opinion. Keep Mac upright with time and you can make the WR crew look a hell of a lot better (and to be fair, we’ve had a lot worse than the current group).

CB could be a big problem but JCJ situation is still an unknown.

Back to this OFFENSIVE LINE

First, we need to re-sign Karras. Personally, I would pay more than most of you. He is a capable starter at two positions. Without Karras, we end up carrying an additional OL, a backup center.

Wynn, Karras, Andrews, Mason, Onwenu is an OK place to start.

The team has made their decision on Wynn for 2022 no matter how many here would get rid of him.

As was the case last year, we have a need for backups, with a starter-capable backup for LT. I'm certainly not sold on no improvement from Cajuste, Herron and Sherman.

We had 6 starting OL's last year. I think that this was a good model.

You mean we had only 6 Omen who belonged in the league.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back