PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots 2021 Draft Profile, QB Mac Jones, Alabama

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots 2021 Draft Profile, QB Mac Jones, Alabama
Steve Balestrieri
Against Ohio State, he shredded the Buckeyes’ defense, completing 36-45 passes for 464 yards with 5 TDs and 0 INTs.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

If Bill doesn't acquire a QB of the Future before the draft, then he almost HAS to draft Jones, maybe with a small trade-down to #18 with Miami for #81...I would also consider a trade-down with Washington, but they might use #15 themselves on Jones if we swapped picks with them for #82...

I’d be pretty disappointed if Jones was there at 15 and the Pats don’t take him. Then again, if Jalen Waddle or Kyle Pitts were there at 15, I’d be ok if they took one of those guys. BUT, they have to get their QB of the future this year. I don’t feel the 2022 QB class is as good as the 2021 class.

I think if any of the four receivers (waddle, chase, Pitt’s or smith) or any of the four qb’s (Lawrence, fields, lance or Wilson) or either parsons, slater, surtain or Sewell are available at 15, bb has to use the pick on whichever of those guys is available.

other than those guys, we should be able to trade down.

Defense first. Don't bust any pick listening to Tim Tebow McDaniels. Although in this case Mac is the only offensive player I'm fine with this year, otherwise draft the best LB or DLineman

Last edited:
Hard not to like this kid, 77% completion percentage, 41 TD's & 4 Int's.. in the SEC + a National Championship.

It is about moving the chains, so if they go back to the "dink and dunk" Offense that will be fine with me..

Man i miss the days where we were contemplating whether to take him at 15 or not lol now we may not even have a shot at him

Hard not to like this kid, 77% completion percentage, 41 TD's & 4 Int's.. in the SEC + a National Championship.

It is about moving the chains, so if they go back to the "dink and dunk" Offense that will be fine with me..
Precisely; all we need is speed now.

Athleticism in a QB is overrated. QBs who run a lot have a shorter career, QBs who hold the ball longer end up putting pressure on the OLine Talent, and I don't know if I agree with the thesis that the QB position has evolved. It's still about elite pocket passer play.

Athleticism in a QB is overrated. QBs who run a lot have a shorter career, QBs who hold the ball longer end up putting pressure on the OLine Talent, and I don't know if I agree with the thesis that the QB position has evolved. It's still about elite pocket passer play.

I agree! Pocket passers that can get the ball out fast and accurate with great decision making can play forever in the nfl.

Getting tackled shortens your career.

When newton came into the league, he fancied himself a Superman. But this league pounded him into a broken down shadow of his former self within 10 years.

meanwhile brady, Brees, Manning and rivers all play for much longer.

the average person only has so many hits in their body until the body breaks down!

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back