PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: New To NFL: Super Home Team

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
New To NFL: Super Home Team
Bob George
It took only 55 years for the NFL to get its first Super Bowl team to be playing in its home stadium.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Quite a few Super Bowls back in the old days took place in stadiums that didn't even have NFL teams. The Rose Bowl, Stanford Stadium, Rice Stadium, AT&T Stadium, Tulane Stadium... I don't know the exact numbers of each, but I'd say about 40 Super Bowls have been played in stadiums with actual NFL teams and 15 not.....

Last edited:
There have been a couple times when a team remained at home, but played in a different stadium: 49ers (SB 19 in '84, beat Miami), played the SB at Stanford when their home stadium was Candlestick Park; and the LA Rams (SB 14 in '79, lost to Pittsburgh); played the SB at the Rose Bowl when their home stadium was the Coliseum. That Rams team was a big underdog, with career backup Vince Ferragamo as their QB - on a team that only went 9-7 that year.

Quite a few Super Bowls back in the old days took place in stadiums that didn't even have NFL teams. The Rose Bowl, Stanford Stadium, Rice Stadium, AT&T Stadium, Tulane Stadium... I don't know the exact numbers of each, but I'd say about 40 Super Bowls have been played in stadiums with actual NFL teams and 15 not.....
Isn’t AT&T the home of the Cowboys?

tampa lucked out that sofi went over time due to bad weather

bad weather in southern california? lol, whodathunk it... thought it was all sunshine 24/7/365

I wonder how the Pats would have done in LII if it was the Vikings at home in the Super Bowl instead of getting the Eagles. Probably wouldn't have been much of a difference crowd wise- the stadium in Minneapolis was very pro Eagles anyway so it would have been basically a road game regardless.

I'd guess not very well unless in an alternate universe BB plays Malcolm Butler.

LOL. Brady not having injuries is why people are suspecting PEDs. If you want, I can post all the articles suspecting him of PEDs. I mean there are a ton.
So what? I can also find a bunch of salty comments on how Simone Biles must be on PEDs too because no female is supposed to be allowed to have the muscles she does. In fact, nearly every insane athlete gets this tossed at them if they are good enough.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back