PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: Patriots Roster Analysis Part 4: Wide Receivers

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Completely agree here...If Gunner shows anything as a WR during TC, then he's a Lock along with Meyers and the Over-Paid duo of Agholor & Bourne, and might even push one of those last two for snaps by season's end...The #5 spot should go to whichever of the remaining Outside guys - Nixon, Hall, Wilkerson, Smith & Harry - impress the most...Not a fan of Zuber, at all...and Devin Ross is as you say just camp fodder, a mere Tackling Dummy... Don't know why he was even re-signed in the first place...

Completely agree here...If Gunner shows anything as a WR during TC, then he's a Lock along with Meyers and the Over-Paid duo of Agholor & Bourne, and might even push one of those last two for snaps by season's end...The #5 spot should go to whichever of the remaining Outside guys - Nixon, Hall, Wilkerson, Smith & Harry - impress the most...Not a fan of Zuber, at all...and Devin Ross is as you say just camp fodder, a mere Tackling Dummy... Don't know why he was even re-signed in the first place...
As you say, 4 are pretty well set. If we were to put odds/percentages next to the alternatives for a 5th WR on the 53, I would still think that Harry is more likely than any other player on the current roster to make the starting 53. I don't think his wish to play elsewhere changes things much.

CHOICES FOR WR #5
==============
HARRY
SOMEONE NOT CURRENTLY ON THE SQUAD
NO ONE (just carry 2-3 on the Practice Squad)
NIXON
WILKERSON
HALL
SMITH
ZUBER
ROSS

As you say, 4 are pretty well set. If we were to put odds/percentages next to the alternatives for a 5th WR on the 53, I would still think that Harry is more likely than any other player on the current roster to make the starting 53. I don't think his wish to play elsewhere changes things much.

CHOICES FOR WR #5
==============
HARRY
SOMEONE NOT CURRENTLY ON THE SQUAD
NO ONE (just carry 2-3 on the Practice Squad)
NIXON
WILKERSON
HALL
SMITH
ZUBER
ROSS

When I had made my previous post, I hadn't heard of Harry's agent's request for a trade...I am now of the opinion that it is more likely than not that Harry will Not be part of the Opening-Day 53...

When I had made my previous post, I hadn't heard of Harry's agent's request for a trade...I am now of the opinion that it is more likely than not that Harry will Not be part of the Opening-Day 53...
fair enough

I would note that the pick received is almost irrelevant. The cap savings is more important the 5th or 6th that we would receive. If this is the case, I would suspect that Belichick will continue to look for a 5th WR, who would likely be inactive unless there is an injury.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back