PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: Offense After Free Agency Spree, Kraft Disses Belichick, Pro Day Results

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
MORSE: Offense After Free Agency Spree, Kraft Disses Belichick, Pro Day Results
Mark Morse
The Patriots Free Agent splurge has filled in a lot of the holes in the Patriots Offensive roster. This has re-shaped the roster and before we hit the draft (30 Days), we have addressed a lot of the team's needs.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

MORSE: Offense After Free Agency Spree, Kraft Disses Belichick, Pro Day Results
Mark Morse
The Patriots Free Agent splurge has filled in a lot of the holes in the Patriots Offensive roster. This has re-shaped the roster and before we hit the draft (30 Days), we have addressed a lot of the team's needs.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)
WFT changed their name.

Thank you Mr Kraft for speaking the truth...The unabashed, unbiased, unfiltered Truth.

But you're wrong about Uncle Dugg, Steve...or have ye forgotten Antoine Winfield & Jeremy Chinn?

Thank you Mr Kraft for speaking the truth...The unabashed, unbiased, unfiltered Truth.

But you're wrong about Uncle Dugg, Steve...or have ye forgotten Antoine Winfield & Jeremy Chinn?
Uncle Dugg is protected and coddled more than Harry. Dugger lovers (lol) will find stats to show how Winfield and Chinn were bad, but won't point out all the plays they made (Chinn made a lot of plays) which is something Dugger couldn't do. He played at a small school, but this era of NFL is much easier to break into than back in the day. He's a big boy and people act like he's barely played the game of football.

I expect a massive leap in his game and he should be pushing Phillips out of the way as the starting SS.

“uncle dugg”

LMAO

Uncle Dugg is protected and coddled more than Harry. Dugger lovers (lol) will find stats to show how Winfield and Chinn were bad, but won't point out all the plays they made (Chinn made a lot of plays) which is something Dugger couldn't do. He played at a small school, but this era of NFL is much easier to break into than back in the day. He's a big boy and people act like he's barely played the game of football.

I expect a massive leap in his game and he should be pushing Phillips out of the way as the starting SS.

bb loves to pass up on playmakers with swag.

Can you share specific videos highlighting the "plays" Chinn made that Dugger couldn't? Can you be specific and provide evidence in lieu of using subjective terms like "made a lot of plays"?

Here's what I found per PFF, which is obviously a subjective process attempting to provide objective evidence - take it with a grain of salt:

PFF Ratings:

Last edited:
If Dugger was playing behind that Bucs' front-7 he would've looked much better, both generally and relative to Winfield. Put Winfield on the Pats and I doubt he would've played any better than Dugger did. That said, if you look at the statistics the gap between the two wasn't that big.

Winfield is smart and instinctive but somewhat limited physically and struggled in coverage at times. During the 2020 season he was targeted 34 times and allowed 23 receptions. Dugger wasn't much better himself when it came to coverage, but he absolutely looked rock solid against the run and was a heckuva tackler. Physically Dugger's ceiling is much higher IMO.

I suppose the ultimate outcome of each of their respective careers remains to be seen but I don't understand the Dugger hate. He (to my layman's eye) looked pretty darn good and it's clear he's physically and athletically special. That's not to say Winfield is a bad player - he looked good, but just because Winfield looked good (again, at times - he struggled at times too) doesn't mean Dugger is bad, or won't be really good at some point in the future.

Last edited:
Can you share specific videos highlighting the "plays" Chinn made that Dugger couldn't? Can you be specific and provide evidence in lieu of using subjective terms like "made a lot of plays"?

Here's what I found per PFF, which is obviously a subjective process attempting to provide objective evidence - take it with a grain of salt:

PFF Ratings:
Here's what I'm referring to:

Chinn: 1 INT, 2 fumble recoveries (taking one to the house), 5 QB hits, 2 tackles for loss, 1 sack, 2 forced fumbles and 2 TD's.

Dugger....1 pass breakup and 1 tackle for loss.

Chinn has given up some plays, but as you can see he's made some plays. JC Jackson is similar as he makes a lot of plays, but he gives up plays as well.

PFF is becoming Jekyll and Hyde as I can find something that praises Chinn and then something bad about him. Ditto with Dugger and Uche as someone posted in another thread Uche graded right behind Chase Young despite him only have 9 total tackles and 1 sack on the season.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back