PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Jakobi Meyers Criticizes Adam Schefter’s Dwayne Haskins Tweet

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Maybe I'm being thick, but what exactly is the problem with Schefter's tweet?

I thought that at 1st as well but then saw this. Maybe it's fact but no need to go there especially now..

1649723213377.png

So maybe there are different versions of the tweet...IDK.

There was nothing actually wrong with it, but it didn't need to have the part about struggling in the NFL as part of a death announcement, and people jumped on it.

I thought he was the leading QB on Pittsburgh’s roster.

There was nothing actually wrong with it, but it didn't need to have the part about struggling in the NFL as part of a death announcement, and people jumped on it.
There WAS something very wrong with it. When you are announcing the socking death of a 24 year old man who is gone forever...you need to be more careful and sensitive with your words. No need to call out a temporary professional struggle as characterizing his life.
Schefter apologized today..so even he realized there was something way off base.

There WAS something very wrong with it. When you are announcing the socking death of a 24 year old man who is gone forever...you need to be more careful and sensitive with your words. No need to call out a temporary professional struggle as characterizing his life.
Schefter apologized today..so even he realized there was something way off base.

I think they're saying "it's wrong" as in, it's morally wrong to include a critique on someone's career in the same breath that you're announcing their death.

I don't think they're saying that it's factually wrong.

ESPN has no credibility anymore so none of this or it’s associated employees is surprising with insensitivity. God forbid you criticize their woke bullsh*t though.

I think they're saying "it's wrong" as in, it's morally wrong to include a critique on someone's career in the same breath that you're announcing their death.

I don't think they're saying that it's factually wrong.

As I said, twice now,

it didn't need to have the part about struggling in the NFL as part of a death announcement

but there is no "Thou shalt not post factual, but less than glowing, information about a dead man" moral. We've all seen the sort of ugly death announcing tweets and obits that get printed about controversial figures. This wasn't that.

Last edited:
Isn't it funny how people get all knickers in a twistish when someone and first amendment when someone says something stupid.

Manners cost nothing.

As I said, twice now,

but there is no "Thou shalt not post factual, but less than glowing, information about a dead man" moral. We've all seen the sort of ugly death announcing tweets and obits that get printed about controversial figures. This wasn't that.
What, like in the Bible? The constitution? The code of conduct where you work?

I thought it was more like a "If you don't know who he is he's _______" thing than critiquing a dead man but maybe that's just me

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back